Author Topic: TD Re-Export to StatsGenie Issue  (Read 58 times)

CruiseLite

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 45
    • View Profile
TD Re-Export to StatsGenie Issue
« on: April 14, 2019, 01:17:52 PM »
I recently had a need to re-export a tournament into StatsGenie.
What happened was I had used the wrong buy-in profile for a player (player bought a bounty but I used no bounty profile) and the error was not noticed for a few days.
Once noticed, it was an easy fix in TD via 'Edit <player>'  on the Players tab then 'Edit Buy-in' under the History section.
Now all data looks correct in TD and the Summary tab correctly reflects the player's bounty purchase.
Next, I exported the tournament like always from TD and that was successful.

My first question was if TD would over-write the existing tournament?
When I checked on SG, I only saw one entry for the tournament so looked like over-write was successful but when I checked the History in SG, it still showed the player as using a non-bounty profile.

I then deleted the tournament from SG and re-exported from TD again.
When checking on SG, the tournament still showed the player as using a non-bounty profile under history.
All the other tabs looked fine though; the bounty purchase was reflected and the player's take for the game was correct.
I don't know if the other tabs were correct at the first re-export as I didn't check them at the time since I still saw the issue with the incorrect profile under sumarry.

I was able to edit the history in SG so I'm fine now, but I guess I'm asking if there is a bug in the TD export pertaining to the summary tab when a tournament is re-exported or is this something on the SG side that didn't update the history when the tournament was re-exported?

That's a whole lot of detail for what is probably a minor issue   ;)  but if it's something that can be fixed, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Cruiselite

Corey Cooper

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5682
    • View Profile
Re: TD Re-Export to StatsGenie Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 06:13:19 PM »
Not to pass the buck, but I think it's probably on SG's end.  The reason is that the TD has no concept of exporting vs re-exporting.  It has no idea if the tournament you're sending to SG has ever been sent before.  It has no idea if it already exists on SG.  It just sends it, and lets SG do the rest.

The data does have a unique identifier, so SG should be able to tell if the tournament you're sending already exists.  So I would think it should update the existing tournament accordingly (and I'm pretty certain when I tested this that's the behavior I saw).  But that's pretty much the extent of my knowledge.  I would ping Martin at SG.  He's always been pretty responsive.