Author Topic: Filling empty seats when buying in players  (Read 857 times)

Floydthedog

• View Profile
Filling empty seats when buying in players
« on: November 14, 2019, 01:36:01 PM »
Not sure if I missed it or not or if I have something set incorrectly, I have a situation where a new player is bought in and then seated randomly and they are seated at a table by themselves when there are seats open at other tables. For instance, 10 handed tables 1 and 2. Table 1 has 8 players and Table 2 has 7 players. A new player buys in and I auto seat them and they end up on Table 5 by themselves.

What am I missing? They should end up on Table 2 to fill an empty seat and balance the tables correct?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Filling empty seats when buying in players
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 04:45:31 PM »
The "Auto seat" checkbox on the Buy-in Players window will randomly seat a player with no regard to table balancing.  This is intended to be used when players are buying into the tournament before the tournament has started.  If table balancing were considered at this time, players would not be seated randomly.  The first 10 (or 8 or however big your tables are) players would be seated at the first table, the next 8 or 10 players at the second table, etc.  Not very random.

If you're buying a player into the tournament after it starts and players are playing, you should not check this box.  As long as the setting "Auto suggest player movement" is enabled (Tables tab -> Settings), which it is by default, after buying in a player the Player Movement suggestion will appear automatically, and will seat the newly bought-in player in a seat that balances tables (and/or will move other players if necessary).

If you hover over the "Auto seat" checkbox, you'll see the text:

If checked, players will automatically be assigned a random seat when they buy-in to the tournament.  "Table balancing" is not considered at this time.  A player will be assigned any unoccupied seat defined in your Tables.  A warning will be issued if no seat is available at buy-in.