Author Topic: 3.7 BETA 2  (Read 10656 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3.7 BETA 2
« on: October 21, 2019, 11:32:41 PM »
Version 3.7 BETA 2 is ready.  This version has fixes for all issues that were found in the first beta.

- There's still no evaluation mode in this one (although I have begun that work), so you'll still need a license to try this one out.

- Won't upgrade earlier versions that you may have installed.  WILL replace beta 1 if you have that installed.

Link for download:
Edit: Beta 3 is ready: https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5939.0

Here are the fixes:

- On some PCs, when a window is closed, the parent window doesn't regain focus.
- "ReferenceError: theScreenName is not defined" when changing the Toolbox "Show" selection on the Layout tab.
- Layout preview text doesn't resize with application font size (this is actually a bug going back to version 3.4).
- On the Token Builder dialog, pressing the font button opens 2 font dialogs.
- On the Token Builder dialog, pressing the image button opens 2 file selection dialogs.
- Changed behavior when busting a player out so that the option to rebuy the player always appears if rebuys are
  enabled, even if the busted player is ineligible for a rebuy, so the that user may override the player's
  ineligibility if desired.  Makes for a more consistent experience.
- "TypeError: Cannot read property 'Success' of undefined" when clicking Auto-save and the tournament does not yet have
  a file name.
- "TypeError: Cannot read property 'size' of undefined" when changing tabs or performing other actions (I've been
  unable to reproduce this one, but I think I made a fix that should prevent the issue).
- Fixed some hotkey and context menu issues when layout cells contain iframes.
- Typing a player's name in a dialog with a list of player names (buy-in, bust-out, etc) doesn't jump to the first
  player with that name.
- PokerDIY export incorrectly formatted the year.
- "Auto-size screen" dialog sized itself incorrectly.
- "TypeError: thePref.deleteMany is not a function" when deleting a saved columns configuration.
- Layout tokens:
  - <stats> "spacing" attribute doesn't work.
  - <rankings> "spacing" attribute doesn't work.
  - <chipleaders> font attributes aren't applied.
  - <chips> font attributes aren't applied.
  - <playernames> font attributes aren't applied.
  - <tdbutton> multiple styling issues.
  - <seatinglist> font attributes aren't applied.
- Enabled font shadow on all layout tokens that have a font attribute.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 09:39:55 PM by Corey Cooper »

lolo02100

• View Profile
Re: 3.7 BETA 2
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 05:20:59 AM »
merci bien a toi

ThorstenP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 05:58:16 AM »
Hey Corey. Great job, well done.

I installed 3.7 BETA 2.

On Windows 7 I can install and start the programm very well.
On Windows 10 I only can install the programm, i I want to start the porgramm I got a failure message. I sent a screenshot to you by email as well.
Question: Is it possible to make a backup from verison 3.4.3 and restore the backup in 3.7?

Kind regards, Thorsten.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 03:58:32 PM »
This is due to the default tournament being configured to point to a file that is corrupted or simply not a saved tournament file.  Definitely a code path I missed.  With an older version, if this situation is encountered the application would simply ignore it and continue.  Unfortunately this version doesn't properly ignore the error and it bubbles up, and because it happens during start up the application quits.

Will be fixed shortly for beta 3.  In the meantime, deleting your prefs file will fix it.  Or modifying it like I did for ThorstenP.

ThorstenP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 08:41:44 AM »
Hey Corey.
Thank you so much for your supoprt by email. What still does´nt work is, that I cannot make an export from Version 3.4.3 and a restore to Version 3.7.

There is still missing the unzip.exe.

Kind regards, Thorsten.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 09:33:16 AM »
Thanks for reporting the zip issue.  Looks like the zip binaries used for the backup/restore feature are missing from the distribution.  I've added them for beta 3.

If you have version 3.4.3 installed, you can work around this issue by simply copying the files "zip.exe" and "unzip.exe" from 3.4.3 to 3.7.

You'll find the files here:

%programfiles(x86)%\The Tournament Director 3\bin

Copy them here:

%localappdata%\Programs\TheTournamentDirector\bin

The "bin" folder won't be there so you'll have to create it.  So open %localappdata%\Programs\TheTournamentDirector in Windows Explorer and then create a folder named "bin".

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 12:08:44 PM »
I let a tournament run for 12+ hours. No glitches seen. I can confirm that the xml export now includes proper dates (thanks for fixing that). I haven't put too much time into beta2 yet, but will probably put bet3 through it's paces.

I did find that installing it on the same machine as my 3.4.x installation mucked a few things up (for the 3.4 version) But the import of the database and the use of the layouts, etc. was a nice touch. I was able to recover (because I didn't heed your warning) and 3.4 is running again.

I stood up a Windows 10 Enterprise Edition virtual machine (limited time) for testing, so I am good to go with testing not just the 3.4 -> 3.7 but also the 3.7bx->3.7 final upgrades. I can take snapshots too if you want beta 1 -> beta 3, or other combinations. I'm happy to help!

NCPL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 12:45:25 PM »
Hey Corey

It appears the display management has changed in then new version. I used to be able not only extend the screen but also adjust the resolution for the extended screen. I no longer see that option in the display under the preferences tabs. Can you explain how the new version handles that.

Thanks
NCPL

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2019, 10:34:53 PM »
Thanks so much.  I'm getting a lot of good info and error reports.  Fixing them all for a beta 3 to be released soon.

I let a tournament run for 12+ hours. No glitches seen. I can confirm that the xml export now includes proper dates (thanks for fixing that). I haven't put too much time into beta2 yet, but will probably put bet3 through it's paces.

I did find that installing it on the same machine as my 3.4.x installation mucked a few things up (for the 3.4 version) But the import of the database and the use of the layouts, etc. was a nice touch. I was able to recover (because I didn't heed your warning) and 3.4 is running again.

I stood up a Windows 10 Enterprise Edition virtual machine (limited time) for testing, so I am good to go with testing not just the 3.4 -> 3.7 but also the 3.7bx->3.7 final upgrades. I can take snapshots too if you want beta 1 -> beta 3, or other combinations. I'm happy to help!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2019, 10:38:05 PM »
Display Management isn't required anymore, because you can pop into and out of full screen mode at any time with the press of F11 (when the Settings window is closed).  So you don't need any special tools to move the Game window anymore.  Just pop it out of full screen mode, drag it by its title bar to the correct display, then hit F11 again to go full screen.

The only other thing that was on Display Management was a selection of where to open dialog windows (in the last saved coordinates, over the Game window, centered on the Main display, etc.).  That has moved to the "Display" category.

Hey Corey

It appears the display management has changed in then new version. I used to be able not only extend the screen but also adjust the resolution for the extended screen. I no longer see that option in the display under the preferences tabs. Can you explain how the new version handles that.

Thanks
NCPL

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2019, 07:04:33 AM »
Hi Corey,
Yesterday we had our 2nd tournament with 3.7 with 32 players and 8 rebuys during 7 hours. In the run-up I had some changes to the layout that both tournaments ran without any problems.
the only problem is that TTD loses my settings on almost every reboot

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2019, 10:36:26 AM »
Awesome, that's great to hear.

What settings are you referring to are lost?  Your preferences?  Your license?  Does it only happen with version 3.7?

Hi Corey,
Yesterday we had our 2nd tournament with 3.7 with 32 players and 8 rebuys during 7 hours. In the run-up I had some changes to the layout that both tournaments ran without any problems.
the only problem is that TTD loses my settings on almost every reboot

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 11:13:43 AM »
sorry it's the preferences, only with version 3.7.2

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 10:53:28 PM »
I've not seen any reports of this being an issue.  The preferences are handled in the same way as previous versions.  Did you have a problem with preferences being lost with other versions?  Which preferences are lost? 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »