Author Topic: Tournament of Champions Chip Stacks  (Read 4454 times)

bsdunbar1

• View Profile
Tournament of Champions Chip Stacks
« on: January 10, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »
I think this is a stretch for TD to have anything to do with, but in managing my league I am trying to have TD do everything without having to manually manage excel spreadsheets so i'll ask anyways.

Throughout our season we rake $$ from buy-ins to be paid out to the top players who qualify for a season end freeroll. The freeroll chip stacks are determined by the points accumulated throughout the season. I currently manage everyone points accumulated to chip stack ratio in excel.

Any way of using TD to do anything like this for a season?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament of Champions Chip Stacks
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 11:35:04 PM »
Sounds like this is exactly what the TD does.  The "Stats" tab will compute statistics over all of your tournaments, including points and rakes.  If you want to divide your tournaments up into seasons (or any other way), you simply create a Profile on the Stats tab that collects tournaments fitting your specified criteria, then run Stats.

bsdunbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 03:30:38 PM »
Sounds like this is exactly what the TD does.  The "Stats" tab will compute statistics over all of your tournaments, including points and rakes.  If you want to divide your tournaments up into seasons (or any other way), you simply create a Profile on the Stats tab that collects tournaments fitting your specified criteria, then run Stats.

The chips stacks in play for the season end Tournament of Champions are accumulated by -
375 per point + 1000 per win + 500 per kill(hit)

Any fields in TD to use to calculate these stacks based on those stats?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »
Sure.  I assume you are awarding points in each tournament using the "Points for Playing" field.  By doing that, you can see how many points each player has accumulated just by running Stats and looking at the Points column, as they are summed automatically.

To calculate TOC chip stack, use one of the Overall Score formulas, and use a formula like this:

points + 1000 * winCount + 500 * hits

bsdunbar1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 07:41:54 AM »
Sure.  I assume you are awarding points in each tournament using the "Points for Playing" field.  By doing that, you can see how many points each player has accumulated just by running Stats and looking at the Points column, as they are summed automatically.

To calculate TOC chip stack, use one of the Overall Score formulas, and use a formula like this:

points + 1000 * winCount + 500 * hits

AWESOME, Thank You.