Author Topic: 3.4b3 layout question  (Read 5438 times)

RCN_Moose

• View Profile
3.4b3 layout question
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:01:27 PM »
So, I've been playing with 3.4b3 and everything is good, except one layout screen. I'm using a slightly modified version of jimstr's Metallic skin, and on the pregame countdown screen the seating table is out of wack. I've attached to pics, one from v3.3 and one from v3.4b3 to see the difference.

Unfortunately I don't know how to correct the issue. There are no changes to the layouts between them, they both use the following:
<seatingChart format="diagram" showChipCounts="true" tableEdgeFont='{"Name":"Tahoma","Size":22,"Bold":true,"Italic":false,"Color":"#fff","BGColor":"transparent","Underline":false}' tableBodyFont='{"Name":"Tahoma","Size":16,"Bold":false,"Italic":false,"Color":"#fff","BGColor":"transparent","Underline":false}'>

Obviously the seatingChart format has changed, but I'm unsure where/how to make adjusts to it. Reducing the column or cell size has no effect. I can reduce the font to get it to fit back, but then the text is too small. What I really need to adjust is the space between the Player Name and Chip Count, but I can't see that variable anywhere.

One other thing, if I can make it work by removing the chip count, but it doesn't look as nice :)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Fred
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 11:22:02 AM by RCN_Moose »

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: 3.4b3 layout question
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »
looks like two different screen size....first one 1920 x 1080   2nd 1656 x 702

RCN_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:42:54 PM »
thanks for the reply Timmer, the screen size is the same (1920x1080) the 2nd pic is just cropped :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 10:43:11 AM »
Can you post the exported layout so we can work with it?

RCN_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 03:18:47 PM »
Corey,

Sure thing. I'll post it when I get home from work.

Fred

Exported Layout attached
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:16:14 PM by RCN_Moose »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 10:20:29 PM »
You are correct, the <seatingchart> token was updated to accommodate the player images feature.  If I recall correctly, the token previously displayed the data in a HTML table format, but unlike the Seating Chart page where tables are rendered in fixed sizes, the <seatingchart> token just creates them using HTML tables and allows the rendering engine to decide how wide each column in the HTML table is (based on contents).  So, if you've got two tables left in the tournament, one could be rendered with a wide "name" column because one player has a long name, while the other table could be much more narrow because all of the players have 3-letter names.  I took the opportunity to rewrite that token so the columns are fixed size and tables would then be uniform.  Column widths are determined by font size.

I try to not make changes like this, but sometimes they are necessary.  I realize they will cause some pain in the short term, but they're better in the long term, I believe.  An alternative would have been to leave the <seatingchart> token as-is and create a new token, but that can also be a problem with maintenance.

As to a fix, or workaround: I added the attribute width="200" and that seemed to do the trick. 

RCN_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 02:38:25 AM »
Awesome, thanks Corey.