Author Topic: Fourteen years...  (Read 3595 times)

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
Fourteen years...
« on: October 27, 2018, 02:19:36 AM »
I've been using TD for fourteen years...just realized that tonight when my very old laptop finally blue screened and will only boot up in safe mode.  I realized...that I don't have my license key anymore! :P

Thankfully, my computer booted up in safe mode and I was able to get the last 5 of my key to put in for the upgrade to 3 (and save my database and everything else!).  I've never upgraded to 3 because we had everything we needed and TD2 worked perfectly for what our game has become (a once per season thing).

TD has been a part of my recreational life for a very long time.  It's been awesome, and I'm happy to see it's still around :D

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fourteen years...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:14:35 PM »
And still under active development!  Can't wait for the new version to be ready for some beta testing.

I can't believe it has been that long!  For the record, version 1 was released sometime in 2004.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040809225158/http://www.geocities.com:80/TheTournamentDirector/index.html

Jaxen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 01:10:44 AM »
Yup, that's me too. I know I ran a tournament with it in 2005 for our housewarming, and I may have done some in my place before that, the end of 2004.

I too use TD2. I have Version 3 but have never set it up, mostly because we've gone from 9-10 events a year to about 4 and sometimes we use an app someone has on a tablet. (But a couple players enjoy the bells and whistles).

It's crazy how the program has evolved from Version 1 to everything it does now.

Well done, Corey.

DTHolder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 05:01:32 PM »

It's crazy how the program has evolved from Version 1 to everything it does now.

Well done, Corey.
;D  Agreed!