Author Topic: Sounds for a specific hitman  (Read 2227 times)

benswan

• View Profile
Sounds for a specific hitman
« on: January 13, 2019, 02:24:14 PM »
In our game, we record who the hitman was and award points for the amount of hits. Is there a way that I can create an event that will play a specific sound based on who the hitman was?  In other words, it will play a specific sound if every time Jim knocks someone out.  I have sounds play at random already every time there is a knockout.  I have tried creating a new event and in condition used <hitman>=Jim but it throws an error message.  I have also used <hitman> = 12345678 (internal ID in the database) but still throws an error.

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sounds for a specific hitman
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 01:56:53 PM »
Before looking I would have said "Yes, this is possible."  But I can't find anywhere that I have included the ability to have the conditions check for the hitman.  You can check for the player busting out.  So it is possible to create specific events for specific players busting out.  You would use something like:

internalID="33904970-6d0b-22e5-4b7e-ab3e9cce495b"

or

ID="some-ID"

(if you use the ID field.)

But there doesn't appear to be anything similar for the hitman.  I'll have to look into that after 3.5 is completed.

benswan

• View Profile
Re: Sounds for a specific hitman
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 07:59:40 AM »
Thank you.  I have searched everywhere to find that variable.  I would make sense that since you can use the hitman token <hitman> that the information is saved somewhere.

Thanks for everything you do, we love the software!