Author Topic: Latency  (Read 12996 times)

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
Re: Latency
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 07:01:40 PM »
I reset my PC under the update advance option.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2016, 05:05:37 PM »
I experience this, although in my case it appears to be a question of focus. Mouse cursor directly over "Yes", "No", etc. equals one click. Anywhere else on the button requires multiple clicks.

That's new, although I wonder if it's just the same issue manifesting itself slightly differently...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »
Are those of you experiencing this issue using Windows 10 that was upgraded from a previous version of Windows?  Anyone experiencing this on a fresh Windows 10 install?

I've been testing on a fresh Windows 10 install and still can't reproduce it.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2016, 05:32:58 AM »
Upgrade here.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2016, 09:57:22 PM »
it was after an update/rebuild that I got problems. The update said it was rebuilding windows. Current product id is 00326-10000-00000-AA244. But like I said after doing a reset which was another rebuildand reloading TD problem went away.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2016, 10:30:54 AM »
I reset my PC under the update advance option.

Can you be more specific?  Did you reset Windows or reset Internet Explorer?  And how did you do it?

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2016, 09:19:16 PM »
Went through windows settings. Clicked on windows update. Click on advanced. Click on reset "but keep my files where they are."

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2016, 06:07:07 AM »
I've tried numerous browsers and PC and laptop both identical, however neither are a raw version of 10 they were formatted, installed 7 and then upgraded. The problem appears on a y button at any time and perhaps the worst issue is when one is trying to type in for instance in the notes area or any of the layout cells. I have to hold the keys down for an inordinate amount of time and sometimes they are simply ignored.

Hope this helps.

Feel your frustration Corey almost impossible to solve an issue that does not manifest itself on a global basis.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »
Went through windows settings. Clicked on windows update. Click on advanced. Click on reset "but keep my files where they are."

Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2016, 04:11:29 PM »
I've tried numerous browsers and PC and laptop both identical, however neither are a raw version of 10 they were formatted, installed 7 and then upgraded. The problem appears on a y button at any time and perhaps the worst issue is when one is trying to type in for instance in the notes area or any of the layout cells. I have to hold the keys down for an inordinate amount of time and sometimes they are simply ignored.

Hope this helps.

Feel your frustration Corey almost impossible to solve an issue that does not manifest itself on a global basis.

Been trying to upgrade one of my Windows 7s to Windows 10 but it just won't work.  After going through the entire download and update process, it ends up on a screen that prompts to either shutdown or troubleshoot.  No message of any kind.  Upon shutdown and restart I'm back at Windows 7, obviously having rolled back from the update.  So frustrating.

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 03:31:54 AM »
I had this problem initially, it can be tricky on some machines and one of the most popular reasons is a shortage of space. 20Gb minimum required for the upgrade. There's also plenty of geeky stuff on you tube for these type of errors.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 04:57:28 AM »
Incredibly frustrating game last night.  TD just lagged and lagged, took maybe five minutes just to reset the current tournament (we were planning on playing a different one for the third game (rebuy instead of freezeout) but had to give up. Just using the space bar to pause the games was bad enough...  Took fourteen minutes this morning just to change the date format in preferences.  Keystrokes not being recognised etc etc.

I can't buy this software as things are at the moment - even if ti suddenly started working fine, what's to say the issues won't start up again the next time there's an update?

For the record, I haven't had this issue with any software I have on my machines.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 05:45:56 PM »
I had this problem initially, it can be tricky on some machines and one of the most popular reasons is a shortage of space. 20Gb minimum required for the upgrade. There's also plenty of geeky stuff on you tube for these type of errors.

After some research I focused on the fact that my VM had 3GB of memory, and there was talk that this was problematic (more would be better).  I couldn't seem to add any memory to the VM, or, rather, adding memory didn't increase the memory available to Windows.  I assume now this is because it was a 32-bit version of Windows 7.  So I started over with a 64-bit version of Windows 7, and successfully upgraded that.

After upgrade I DID in fact experience the latency issue, although, it seems not nearly as pronounced as others have related here.  It's missing a keystroke every 20 or 30 keystrokes, and occasionally a mouse click, but nothing worse than that.  What I've experienced is somewhat annoying but certainly wouldn't prevent me from running a tournament.

I'll keep trying.

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2016, 01:27:16 AM »
Sticky, it's the best there is don't be put off Corey will find a way round it.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2016, 07:38:38 AM »
I know, it's without doubt the best tourney management software I've seen. I just can't use it.

Plus, the evaluation period has expired so I can't do anything with it to see what might make a difference.