Author Topic: Version 3.0 is now available  (Read 30287 times)

ZeroTime

• View Profile
Re: Version 3.0 is now available
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 07:02:33 AM »
Am I to understand that very soon my version 2.6.b4 is going to expire?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2011, 09:00:49 AM »
Hi
I just downloaded and installed version 3.
I am currently using version 2.6.b4
Installation went ok.

When I ran the program I got the error message on start up that there was an error reading my preferences file and the program loaded with the standard defaults.
This meant that if I wanted to continue using the program I would have to go through all my tournament set ups and re configure them.

I closed the program and opened version 2.6.b4 and I got the same error.

I have now un-installed version 3 and restored my database in version 2.6.b4
All is now working as it should.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Clive

Sounds like you're running into an issue that is apparently affecting only certain people.  Since you have a backup, could you send the backup file to me so that I can take a look at your preferences and see what the issue is?  support@thetournamentdirector.net

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
Am I to understand that very soon my version 2.6.b4 is going to expire?

Yes, but not "very soon".  I have a little more leeway with the betas before beta 5, but it will eventually expire.

ZeroTime

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »
Hi
I just downloaded and installed version 3.
I am currently using version 2.6.b4
Installation went ok.

When I ran the program I got the error message on start up that there was an error reading my preferences file and the program loaded with the standard defaults.
This meant that if I wanted to continue using the program I would have to go through all my tournament set ups and re configure them.

I closed the program and opened version 2.6.b4 and I got the same error.

I have now un-installed version 3 and restored my database in version 2.6.b4
All is now working as it should.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Clive

Sounds like you're running into an issue that is apparently affecting only certain people.  Since you have a backup, could you send the backup file to me so that I can take a look at your preferences and see what the issue is?  support@thetournamentdirector.net

Hi Corey
I have re-installed version 3 and the error did not repeat itself until I ran version 2.6.b4
2.6.b4 gave the error and when I closed the program and ran version 3, I got the error again.
I resolved this by restoring the database in version 3 and everything is as it should be.

I have just run the program again to fine tune a saved tournament for tonight and when I loaded the tournament I was asked if I wanted to load the embedded layout as well.
I selected 'yes' and an error report was generated.
The email option button did not work but the copy to clipboard button did so I copied it in to an email and sent to support.
Below is a copy of the report:-

I can send you a copy of the backup file if you need it but it is 16MB....

'undefined' is null or not an object (GameTab, TournamentPage: 1)
 at openDialog(SettingsDialog)
 at SettingsDialog.openDialog()
 at Bootstrap.init_OpenSettingsDialog()
 at Bootstrap.initSequence()

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Beta: false
Browser Client Info Version: 7.0
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Decided Version: 9.0
Browser Detected Version: 9.0
Browser Language: en-US
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Data Folder: C:\Users\ZeroTime\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 17:58:36 10/11/2011
DB File: C:\Users\ZeroTime\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db\td.db
DB Folder: C:\Users\ZeroTime\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db
Install Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 3
Install Info: b1debf33773b8a16c3a6041344ac3a2e4ec77405ccbabdb80ec5124ac6779e0359747d8f73909e0636cfbd321987598b633c6db6e4ca4f94
JScript Build: 16982
JScript Version: 5.8
License Info: MQ7JcpGwzv6Y9uYsGLi/gezasOaz4l2dolaPd7gd+mdcgokvvUdAlbbc5GRCS+Tr6TILzed9ySbpMgvN533JJpqZY3GiOvsN/fuzOSTru/o=
Media Player Version: 12.0.7601.17514
Online: true
Platform: Win32
Preferences File: C:\Users\ZeroTime\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav
Repo Config File: C:\Users\ZeroTime\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\repo.sav
Repo Folder: C:\Users\ZeroTime\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data
System Language: en-GB
TD Patch Level: 4
TD Version: 3.0
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
User Language: en-GB

Cheers

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2011, 03:03:47 PM »
I believe there might be an issue with converting the preferences from b4 to 3.0 (and possibly from 2.X to 3.0), but I don't see an issue with my test files so any help is appreciated.  Please send me the 16MB file if you don't mind.

I just issued a patch that I hope will fix the error message you're seeing (and a bunch of other people are seeing).  It is in Patch Level 5, and your TD should automatically download it.  To check your Patch Level:

• Start the TD
  • Press the System Info button on the Preferences tab
  • Look for the line that says TD Patch Level.  It should be at level 5
  • If you're not at level 5, exit the software and repeat

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »
So what about the screen transitions that I added after 2.6.b5?  Love them?  Hate them?  Couldn't care less about them?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  :)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2011, 03:01:08 PM »
I think they're pretty neat! My current layout only has one screen during play so I only see the transition from pre to tournament and from tournament to break...but it does look visually pleasing

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2011, 03:12:31 PM »
I like'em...although they're a little slow to execute on my two remote screens.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2011, 03:18:09 PM »
Yeah, they work great if your screen is pretty small (and your machine is pretty fast).  On large screens (which today most are) ... not so much, especially if you've got a background image.  I realized they were a possibility when I had to overhaul part of the layout to work around the IE9/Win7 background image flicker problem once and for all.  Implemented the first transition in about 20 minutes.  Perfecting them took quite a bit longer.  :-\

The flicker fix also made it possible for the background image to stretch to fit your screen size, which is a plus.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2011, 06:58:52 AM »
Lightning fast on my 27" monitor and quad-core I7 PC. Lag comes in between netbook (fast on netbook's tiny screen) I use to run tournaments & two 32" LCD TVs used for display. Connection is through Warpia (wireless) adapters. Certainly not a big deal, especially since my screens only change pre-tournament and at breaks. Even with the lag those are some cool effects!
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2011, 09:44:53 AM »
Hey Corey - Just noticed I'm on patch level 7, courtesy of the handy-dandy Patch Info button on the preferences tab - great idea & addition! Nice to see what was fixed with the patches :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2011, 11:53:06 AM »
Thanks.  I actually added that with Patch 6 (which you know 'cause you read the patch info).  I'm really liking this feature.  Wish I had thought of it sooner!