Author Topic: V3.4.1 Black Screen & TD Will Not Reopen  (Read 5905 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
V3.4.1 Black Screen & TD Will Not Reopen
« on: December 06, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »
Had a tourney last night and I received the black screen on a bust out, happens every tourney not usually a problem (annoying) as I just use Task Manager to kill TD and restart. Well I killed TD then clicked on the icon to reload TD. All I got was the spinning arrow like it was loading. Nothing happened and I had to reboot the computer. After reboot I tried again to open TD, same thing spinning arrow. Reboot again, try to open TD again, spinning arrow again. Reboot again and reinstalled same version of TD. I could then open TD and continue the tourney.

Any thoughts?

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: V3.4.1 Black Screen & TD Will Not Reopen
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »
The not-opening-after-reboot is puzzling.  It sounds like some of the application was corrupted.  Usually when the application won't open, it's usually a preferences issue and so I would suggest deleting the preferences file.  It's rare the code would get corrupted (so rare I'm not sure I've ever heard of it).  Reinstalling the application won't affect your data, including your preferences, so it seems it was unlikely a problem with your preferences.  I'm stumped.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »
Yeah I'm not sure what was going on. I thought that after rebooting the computer it would def open. I wanted to put this here in case someone else had the same problem they could see what I did to get it back up and going for the tourney.

Chuck

JCalamis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 10:02:38 AM »
I've been having the same problem over the last few months.  Windows automatically upgraded to Explorer 11, which I know has a memory loss issue.  I rolled back to IE10, but I'm still getting the hangup.  About 1/2 way through the tournament the clock freezes.  When I press esc to go to the setup menus, I get a blank screen.  The last game I was able to go to task manager to kill TD and when I reloaded ti picked up right where I left off.  On other occasions, I had to reboot the computer and then reload TD. Everything came back except the time was off.  (Win7, 64b).  It appears to happen mist when players are busting out, but not exclusively.  The only other Windows updates that I see have recently installed ar KB4457144 and KB3177467.  Are there any known problems with these?