Author Topic: Side-Pot  (Read 3471 times)

TIMMER

• View Profile
Side-Pot
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:00:40 PM »
Side Pot...... Must of my player's do a side pot which is a bet on who last the longest in the tourney, is there a way I can keep track of this and show it on the stats.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Side-Pot
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:07 PM »
You could create a prize, Labeled "Lasted Longest", and manually award it to whomever won it, from the prize tab.  About the only easy way I can think of, Timmer
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 08:35:28 AM »
I do that, but it just shows the winner and not who takes part, you know who's loosing there money lol  I keep it on the NOTES part but when ur not there it get alittle crazy when going back to ajust it

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »
How about making it be an add-on or rebuy tournament and then attaching the rebuy/add-on to the players that participate - make the rebuy/add-on fee be the amount that they stake for the side pot.
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »
No that put's it the main pot i believe

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 08:35:21 PM »
Only other thing, maybe, would be a rake that's collected... But I'm not sure if it can be applied towards only some people or not
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 09:55:36 AM »
I've tried and failed oh well lol

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »
I think, then, we need the almighty Corey to chime in!  :-X
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 09:50:47 AM »
The software doesn't have any features for managing side bets.  However, if you're not using rebuys and/or add-ons, you could use that feature to help keep track, but it's probably pretty limited.  As an example, you could use the add-on feature and create a prize for it that is manually awarded, as Magic_fubu noted.  You would have to make the prize a Fixed amount, and manually update its value as people take part in the side-bet.  Since Fixed prizes are removed from the pot first, before other prizes are calculated, the money would basically go straight to the side-bet pot and not affect the rest of the pot.

This still doesn't show who participates, but you could at least keep track within the application who participates by who bought an add-on.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 07:30:08 AM »
 If you are not using bounties, could you not use the bounty chip for the  side pot indicators. If you restrict then to only people who pay to be in the side pot. would this not do what is required. You can work it so that the hitman's name is not shown. This should, show up on the players rankings screen. There might be some way to rename the bounties to side pot and also rename the columns on the player ranking screen as well.
Hope i got the jist of this question right and that the answer that i have given doesn't sound to stupid ad is of some help.

From Help files
Bounty chip cost and the Restrict bounties values as well (see below). When a player busts another player out, the hitman (the player busting the other player out) receives the busted out player's bounty chip, and at the end of the tournament, the chips are cashed out, with each player receiving the cost of a bounty chip for each chip they have collected. The winner(s) of the tournament will still have their own bounty chips, and will also cash them out for their cost.
Bounty chip cost: Enter the cost of the bounty chip here, if you have checked the Use player bounty chips box (above). The bounty chip cost is IN ADDITION to the buy-in cost. Therefore, if the buy-in for your tournament is $50.00, and you choose to use player bounty chips at a cost of $5.00, each player should pay $55.00 to buy-in and receive their bounty chip.
Restrict bounties: Check this box if you intend to allow the purchase of a bounty chip to be optional, and you wish only those players who purchase bounty chips to be able to win bounty chips. If this box is unchecked, anyone busting out another player will win their bounty chip. If checked, only players who have themselves purchased bounty chips can win bounty chips by busting players out. If this option is not checked, and a player who purchased a bounty chip is busted out of the tournament by a player who did not purchase a bounty chip, the busted out player retains his/her bounty chip and may cash it in for their bounty fee.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:35:29 AM by Mahound »

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »
I've tried that it tends to want to pay each bounty to each player when they are taken out, instead of 1 pot to 1 player,  I do it manually, in a cell named ( SIDE POT ) names of who's in it then Winner etc,   but when ur not there and someone else is running the game,  they get alittle confused.  but the bounty would work if you had a choice to pay each player. or to make 1 pot  ( I think )
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:37:39 PM by TIMMER »

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2010, 03:24:01 PM »
I've tried that it tends to want to pay each bounty to each player when they are taken out, instead of 1 pot to 1 player,  I do it manually, in a cell named ( SIDE POT ) names of who's in it then Winner etc,   but when ur not there and someone else is running the game,  they get alittle confused.  but the bounty would work if you had a choice to pay each player. or to make 1 pot  ( I think )
See about the bounty, but instead of earning moey just award 1 point for the bounty and add a single fixed prize for the long lasting bet

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 07:41:48 AM »
buy adding points to the side-pot that wouldnt be fair to the rest of the players, but i see where ur going with this maybe edit a minus -1 after the game to the winner that might work ?