Author Topic: i realy don't think this is a TD problem but...  (Read 1542 times)

craig2

• View Profile
i realy don't think this is a TD problem but...
« on: August 15, 2008, 05:05:53 AM »
i am pulling my hair out! TD is running perfectly but mid game for no apparent reason my screen goes off and reads "OUT OF RANGE" in the middle of a blank screen, Nothing i have tried will bring it back and resetting the computer is needed so auto-save is a blessing but get this, after doing it a few times my screen has now given up the ghost so i thought the blame was with the screen being on its way out, it was a decent 19" screen but hey ho i get a new one and guess what it does the exact same thing, could be anytime mid tourny it just goes off and reads "OUT OF RANGE"
i have tried dropping the resolution right down to 600x800 with no success.
i am using a 5m cable if this could be a problem.
any advice appreciated.

verbalvolley

• View Profile
Re: i realy don't think this is a TD problem but...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »
it would seem its a refresh rate problem which is down to your graphics card a google search will help you change your particular settings. It would seem it happens alot when you have a graphic card built onto your motherboard.

I found out this when I googled "out of range on moniter"

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 12:01:03 PM »
You didn't detail your setup, but if you are running Windows Vista and you have an Nvidia video adapter, you might want to look into updating your video drivers.  I seem to remember hearing a lot of scuttle about Nvidia driver problems and Vista...

craig2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 10:38:27 AM »
cheers for the replies and sorry for not getting back to you but it turned out to be an some sort of processer overheating problem  ???