Author Topic: per-player rake  (Read 1516 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
per-player rake
« on: December 12, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »
WE charge a  fixed donation fee per game per player if $5. thsi is on top of the game fee. Tis is to pay for equipment, and to put on a free roll for all members at the end of a season.
Uptill now guest have always been charged the same fee.
Until now i have put this amount into the per-player rake
How can i do this now as the rake will be different for members and guest?
thanks in advance

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: per-player rake
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »
You should be able to add the $5 to the actual buy in, and then create a 2nd rake of $5/player.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:27:07 PM »
You can also change any value at time of buy-in.  So even though you have the rake set at $5, for example, when you buy in a specific player you can change the rake to $10 on the Buy-in dialog.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »
Agree with you on your answers. Would be no problem to do

I thought i nearly had it with this
I have renamed rake 1  - Member rake, and named rake 2 - Guest Rake. Thinking that i could select the  different rake that was required.
When i go to add a player on the Players tab. the list of players appears. When i select the buy in details the it show the gross rake and when you click on that it shows the 2 different rakes. then I  just delete the rake that i require.  easy to do.

It may be an idea for a later update to put both different rakes next to each other. so that you can have the option to tick and select the rake that is required for each player., guest or member

I have ran 4 tournaments so far with The Tournament Director and each time players have been wowed by the software and the things that it can do.
I have only scratched the surface. The software really does allow me to concentrate more on my poker. (Even made the final table and cashed). And i do like to try messing about with the program to see what more can be done. Gonna try to get fancy soon and make some of my own layouts.

Many thanks for the answers. and many thanks for the program.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:39:53 AM by Mahound »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »
It may be an idea for a later update to put both different rakes next to each other. so that you can have the option to tick and select the rake that is required for each player., guest or member

I had thought about this when writing my reply, and I like the idea.  But even easy things like this become tough (in the sense that it takes much more development time) because, in this case, the program allows for as many rakes as you want.  Which means it needs to account for that person who will have 50 rakes, even though in practice this would never happen.  I'll look into it.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:43:41 PM »
Lets face it everyone is looking for a quick way. And the quick way would - What? save seconds!

I wouldn't be too worried about updating everything people suggest.  You probably spend more time anwering question, that have been asked a dozen times before. But i guess  you already know, that everyone on here appreciates's all the hard work that you do. Not just with the Software, but also the forums. Many thanks.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 05:18:55 PM by Mahound »