Author Topic: 3.7 BETA 3  (Read 23221 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3.7 BETA 3
« on: October 30, 2019, 11:42:19 PM »
Version 3.7 BETA 3 is ready.  This version has fixes for all issues that were found in the second beta.

- There's still no evaluation mode in this one, so you'll still need a license to try this one out.  Evaluation mode is nearly complete.

- Won't upgrade earlier versions that you may have installed.  WILL replace version 3.7 beta 1 or beta 2 if you have that installed.

Link for download:
Edit: Beta 4 is ready: https://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5991.0

Here are the fixes:

- Printing only works when the Default printer is selected.  This is an Electron bug.  A warning has been added to the Printing category on the Preferences tab.
- BUG fixed: Event actions that run a program don't work.
- BUG fixed: "Disabled" checkbox on Events tab is ignored.
- BUG fixed: Auto-seat at buy-in randomly seats players and then the Balance Tables dialog is immediately opened.
- BUG fixed: On Add Players to Tournament dialog, already added players are disabled but don't look disabled.
- BUG fixed: On player dialogs, there's no visible indicator of focus on checkboxes.
- BUG fixed: In layouts, iframes that reference a web site cause an error "Blocked a frame with origin "file://" from  accessing a cross-origin frame."
- BUG fixed: Inserting a line break in button text on the Controls tab causes the buttons to bleed over other buttons  or the section outline.
- BUG fixed: "TypeError: ContextMenu.Instance.hide is not a function" reported.
- BUG fixed: "TypeError: this.gleanValue(...) is not a function" when viewing receipt from history item in Game Player  dialog.
- BUG fixed: "TypeError: this.updateUnseatedPlayersForm is not a function" when dragging a player to another seat.
- BUG fixed: Error when trying to backup or restore data.
- BUG fixed: "ReferenceError: theEligible is not defined" when choosing to rebuy a player immediately after busting out.
- BUG fixed: Error at startup if default tournament is not a tournament file or is a corrupted file.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:09:59 PM by Corey Cooper »

lolo02100

• View Profile
Re: 3.7 BETA 3
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »
grand merci a toi pour ton travaille

lolo02100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »
good evening how to install the French language on this beta version 3 thank you well

(bonsoir comment faire pour installer le langage Français sur cette version beta 3 merci bien)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 12:52:37 PM »
Take a look at the message that pops up each time you run the application (or you can push the button "Release Info" on the About dialog).  There are brief instructions at the end of that message:

There's no way to install a language pack currently.  Language packs can be used, but it's currently a manual process.  Installation of language packs should be available in the next beta version.  To use a language pack with this beta version, copy the language folder from %ProgramFiles(x86)%\The Tournament Director 3\lang to %LocalAppData%\Programs\TheTournamentDirector\lang.

lolo02100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 01:28:49 PM »
thank you is good I succeeded

craigt78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 12:07:22 AM »
Downloaded - will run it this weekend!!  I'm probably more excited than I should be, lol.

craigt78

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 09:42:15 PM »
Okay - first question - how do I stop the screens from rotating automatically? 

Second question - how do I size the screen to fit on top of my task-bar? See screenshot

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 05:39:05 PM »
Okay - first question - how do I stop the screens from rotating automatically? 

Each layout is unique, and may have more than one screen that rotate over time.  You could load a different layout (press the Built-in button on the Layout tab).  Or edit the layout.  On the Layout tab, press the "Screen Sets" button.  Select one of the screen sets (might only have Default or it may have more than one set) to show the screens in that set.  Then remove the screens from that set you don't want to see.  If only one screen is in a set, it won't "rotate".

Second question - how do I size the screen to fit on top of my task-bar? See screenshot

I think you forgot the screenshot.  But you can press F11 to full-size the Game window (the Settings window must be closed to do this).  That's different from maximizing the window, which leaves the title bar visible and also leaves the Windows task bar visible.  Full screen should cover the entire screen.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 06:45:43 PM »
Can't seem to be able to do anything with the timer width or height
Love the intro
Can I get the timer to do that

Carlavatky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 01:10:17 PM »
Made final tweaks to my custom layout and ran beta 3 for a full 6 hour 2-table tournement last night. Went off without a hitch. Only thing I noticed is that the color picker button in the layout cell editors doesn't seem to work?

Getting close to a RC in my view!

craigt78

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »
Ran a two table event last night and the beta worked with no issues.  I did find that I had to recreate a whole lot - I was surprised that most of my settings weren't imported - but that could be my error.  Examples include the buy-in profiles, prizes, events, statistics profiles.  I've been using the same format for many years so I could be overlooking something - but all is well.

I'll be running another game on the 16th and will report back after that one.  I'm sure I will pop in with questions as I tweak the application in preparation for my next game.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 12:26:23 PM »
Color picker and font picker are still not done.  Both were using the system component, but the new version no longer has access to those.  For the color picker, that's OK, I just need to add one.  Browser technology has advanced to the point that there are tons of color pickers out there on the web that are far better than the system color picker ever was.  For the font picker, unfortunately Electron doesn't have an API to access system installed fonts.  I'm honestly not sure what can be done for that if the Electron team doesn't decide it is a valuable addition.  Hoping they will but don't even have a contingency if they don't.

Made final tweaks to my custom layout and ran beta 3 for a full 6 hour 2-table tournement last night. Went off without a hitch. Only thing I noticed is that the color picker button in the layout cell editors doesn't seem to work?

Getting close to a RC in my view!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 11:48:31 AM by Corey Cooper »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2019, 12:27:19 PM »
The new version should be 100% backwards compatible, so anything you saved with a previous version should work fine, including your preferences.  Not really sure why you might be having an issue.

Ran a two table event last night and the beta worked with no issues.  I did find that I had to recreate a whole lot - I was surprised that most of my settings weren't imported - but that could be my error.  Examples include the buy-in profiles, prizes, events, statistics profiles.  I've been using the same format for many years so I could be overlooking something - but all is well.

I'll be running another game on the 16th and will report back after that one.  I'm sure I will pop in with questions as I tweak the application in preparation for my next game.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 12:32:24 PM »
It's going to depend on how you're attempting to change it.  The layout is built using HTML and frankly some things work better than others.  Modifying the height and width in the Cell dialog may not have the effect you think it will.  You might have better results putting the clock into its own container and modifying the attributes of that container.  For example, instead of setting the Height/Width in the Cell dialog, set the contents to:

<div style="height: {HEIGHT}px; width: {WIDTH}px"><clock></div>

Change {HEIGHT} and {WIDTH} to your height/width numeric values.

FYI, if I set the height and width values in the clock cell, it does indeed have a visual effect on the cell.  But different layouts may behave differently.  This is just a suggestion.

Can't seem to be able to do anything with the timer width or height
Love the intro
Can I get the timer to do that

Not sure what you are referring to.  The background on the splash page while the app is loading?

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 02:50:18 PM »
Just downloaded and will be running first tourney tonight on BETA 3.

On the Players tab is there a way to show all players on one screen?

Chuck