Author Topic: Possible bug in 3.7  (Read 1124 times)

DCP

• View Profile
Possible bug in 3.7
« on: March 16, 2020, 10:17:32 PM »
First off, 3.7 is wonderful! Very responsive for sure. I did notice, though, after running our monthly tourney of a potential issue. Our template uses buttons for ease of bust-outs, etc. I did notice, however, that if one of the buttons was highlighted, hitting space to either pause or resume the clock would also select whatever button was last clicked. The only time it was not an issue is when we would make a conscious effort to click off of a button to a neutral area of the screen. I don't recall this ever being an issue in older versions. Not an issue, but more of a nuisance. Either way, please keep up the amazing work! I am a proud user of TD since 2007!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug in 3.7
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 01:32:00 PM »
You're not the first person to report this, but I honestly didn't think it was a bug before.  All buttons (in web pages or apps) can typically be activated (pushed) by pressing the spacebar or Enter when they have focus, so this seems like what we would call WAD (works as designed).  However, I did a little extra digging and it seems that I made a mistake previously and didn't notice that earlier versions did NOT work this way.  I think it is because, even if the button has focus, when the spacebar is assigned as a hotkey (toggling the clock), when pressed the TD handles the hotkey action and then causes the keypress to stop propogating through its normal chain of operation.  In other words, don't do anything else after we handle the hotkey press.  The new version, I think, doesn't stop the propogation.  I'll have to investigate a little more to know for sure.  Thanks for reporting it!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Possible bug in 3.7
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 01:53:04 PM »
OK, good guess on my part.  That was exactly what happened.  Version 3.4.3 had a call to stop the event (keypress) from being handled by the browser after we handled it, but that call was removed for some reason from 3.7.  Fixed for the next release.