Author Topic: Version 3.0 is now available  (Read 30190 times)

Karpro

• View Profile
Re: Version 3.0 is now available
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 07:41:52 AM »
Yes, in my desperate attempts to finally get this version out, I have completely disregarded the user manual.  I do intend to, hopefully sooner rather than later, update the user manual.  In the meantime, you'll have to settle on asking me questions here. :)
OK then I ask, how does it work  ;)?
LOL

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 08:42:02 AM »
Just found out that the 2.6b5 will no longer work. Guess I will have to use V3 tonight. I will run a quick test tourney this afternoon. Wish me luck!

Chuck

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 09:53:11 AM »
Can you quickly explain how the Status Update works? (i didnt see it on the help tab

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »
Well, what do you want to know?  :-)

The Status Updates feature will write the status of the tournament to a file, or send it to a URL, at a specified interval.  Much like Auto-save, you can have it update on a timer (basically), and optionally update after significant things happen (someone buys-in, someone busts-out, etc).

What it writes to the file or sends to the URL is more or less a list of variables and their values, corresponding to the same variables available to you in formulas.  The best way to see what is happening is to configure the Status Updates to write the data to a file, then go look at the file (Notepad will suffice).

It is intended for a program to be able to consume the output, and isn't really intended for human consumption.  Some people had mentioned wanting to be able to post updates to their website in real time.  Using this feature, the TD could be configured to POST the data to the website automatically.  On the website, PHP or some other scripting language (for example) could process the data when it comes in, perhaps putting it into a local database.  A page could be constructed that would read from the database and output something intended for browsers.

This first version has a fair amount of data.  However, since the feature has never actually been used at this point, I was hoping for some feedback from people who will actually use it, so it can be improved in the future, or removed if it's not a useful feature.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:45:41 AM by Corey Cooper »

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »
i'll get in touch with our web crew and let you know as soon as we have something going

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »
I think the statusupdates can be very useful, i really hope that someone with the skiills can make us some useful examples.

I think that a "live update" feature for my website would be a great funktion.

Image the possibilities to have a smartphone adapted statuspage so that anyone could get live updates on their phone for example.

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »
Any chance that player names, and bust-out player names and maby even the current ranking (chipstacks) will be included in the status updates?

GreenTurtle

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »
I tested to create a file, test.txt (with success) but the outcome is just a bunch of text that basically doesn't say anything. Any chance that the Status Update can create a html file with the same view like Player Ranking?

Test.txt:

roundnum=1
breaknum=0
level=0
isround=1
nextisround=1
state=2
statedesc=inprogress
buyins=9
numberofplayers=9
n=9
defaultbuyinfee=300
defaultbuyinrake=0
defaultbuyinchips=30000
totalbuyinsamount=2700
totalbuyinsrake=0
totalbuyinschips=270000
numberofleaguemembers=9
pot=2700
prizepool=2700
pp=2700
playersleft=7
players=7
tablesleft=1
tables=1
secondsleft=1435
secondselapsed=65
clockpaused=0
clockpausedseconds=0
timeofday=175958
time=1320166798
lastplayermovetime=1320166743
rebuysallowed=0
rebuysover=0
rebuysleft=0
rebuyssecondsleft=0
defaultrebuyfee=0
defaultrebuyrake=0
defaultrebuychips=0
totalrebuys=0
totalnumberofrebuys=0
tnr=0
totalrebuysamount=0
totalrebuysrake=0
totalrebuyschips=0
addonsallowed=0
addonsover=0
addonsleft=0
addonssecondsleft=0
defaultaddonfee=0
defaultaddonrake=0
defaultaddonchips=0
totaladdons=0
totalnumberofaddons=0
tna=0
totaladdonsamount=0
totaladdonsrake=0
totaladdonschips=0
inthemoneyrank=3
mr=3
totalfixedrake=0
fixedrake=0
ante=0
smallblind=100
bigblind=200
limit1=0
limit2=0
gametype=2
gamename=texas hold em
nextante=0
nextsmallblind=200
nextbigblind=400
nextlimit1=0
nextlimit2=0
nextgamename=texas hold em
nextgametype=2
chipcount=270000
guaranteedpot=0
preguaranteedpot=2700
houseadds=0
housecontribution=0

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 12:08:42 PM »
How do we write to a URL? writing to my own .com fails. I am not prompted anywhere or have the option for login information
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:42:57 PM by jodybingo »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »
Just found out that the 2.6b5 will no longer work. Guess I will have to use V3 tonight. I will run a quick test tourney this afternoon. Wish me luck!

Chuck

Sorry about that!  I never meant to cut it this close.  :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 01:24:53 PM »
Any chance that player names, and bust-out player names and maby even the current ranking (chipstacks) will be included in the status updates?

Exactly what I meant when I said "I was hoping for some feedback from people who will actually use it, so it can be improved in the future, or removed if it's not a useful feature."

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2011, 01:28:16 PM »
How do we write to a URL? writing to my own .com fails. I am not prompted anywhere or have the option for login information

You would have to have a dynamic page on your website that would accept the information, and then do something with it.

There's no facility for logging in, but it is something that could be added in the future.  I could, for example, add the ability to create your own HTTP headers that go with the request.  But personally I would think it's unnecessary.  If it's a page that only accepts data it is expecting, there's very little need for security.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 01:29:44 PM »
I tested to create a file, test.txt (with success) but the outcome is just a bunch of text that basically doesn't say anything. Any chance that the Status Update can create a html file with the same view like Player Ranking?

Possibly in the future.  As I said, the idea is that the output is designed to be consumed by another program.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 06:27:14 PM »
Corey, the flashing "paused" with counting down is still there. Not a huge deal ffor me, but a fyi for you.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2011, 09:28:07 PM »
Corey, the flashing "paused" with counting down is still there. Not a huge deal ffor me, but a fyi for you.

Thanks.  Clearly going to have to look deeper into that.