Author Topic: 3.4 beta 2  (Read 23836 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3.4 beta 2
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:41:20 AM »
Version 3.4.b2 is finally ready!  Please try it out and let me know what you think.

FOR ALL OF THOSE EXPERIENCING THE LOAD/SAVE BUTTON ISSUE: This beta version has a built-in replacement dialog for the system file dialog that is not working for some people.  It is designed to automatically detect that the system file dialog fails to open, and fallback on the new built-in replacement dialog.  It's not perfect but I hope it will be a suitable replacement and get those affected by this issue back in business.

Standard beta testing disclaimer:
This is a BETA release of the software.  Beta means I am not aware of any bugs, but I'd like to get some more testing done before an official release.

If you plan to participate in the beta test, backup your data first.  This can never be stated too often.  The TD can do this for you, just press the "Backup" button on the Database tab and check all options.  You should do this whether you try a beta version or not.

Below is the relevant part of the changes.txt file.

Thank you again to everyone who will participate in this test release.  Please post or email any feedback you have.

Edit: 3.4 beta 2 has been superseded by 3.4 beta 3.  See http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5231.0

The Tournament Director 3.4 beta 2
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2016 Corey Cooper

Version 3.4 beta 2
======================================================================
New Features:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Added built-in File Browser to fix load/save buttons not functioning issue
- Added direct integration with StatsGenie.com.  Now tournaments can be uploaded to StatsGenie.com directly from the
  Tournament Director application
- Added preference to default league selections to <All> instead of league of current tournament
- Added built-in layout that doesn't change colors on alternating rounds
- Added "Convert" feature on Prizes tab to convert all percentage prizes to fixed prizes
- Added startup hotkeys:
  - Holding down the Shift key while the Tournament Director initializes will reset the Display Management preference
    and bring any off-screen windows back to the main display
  - Holding down the Ctrl key while the Tournament Director initializes will reset the font size back to the default
    size of 10
  - Holding down the Alt key while the Tournament Director initializes will reset the language back to the default
    English language catalog
- Added hotkey Ctrl+` (backtick) to maximize the current dialog (as long as the dialog is resizable)
- Revisited all dialogs and added code to ensure dialogs don't size larger than the screen when the font size is
  increased
- Checkboxes and radio buttons now scale with font
- Updated <pointsFormula> layout token to optionally use Points for Playing formula

Bugs Fixed:
- BUG (3.4.b1): When a column is dragged to first position and dropped the column header disappears
- BUG (3.4.b1): Event messages squeezed into tall columns of text
- BUG (3.0): Event and status messages sometimes appear in incorrect location and then move to correct location
- BUG (3.4.b1): Event and status messages do not appear in specified location
- BUG (2.0): When Auto-save is enabled and the tournament file is read-only, error messages continually appear
- BUG (3.2): Pressing ESC or Add Players button from New Player dialog when "Auto seat" is checked will display a
  dialog warning when there are no empty seats
- BUG (3.4.b1): Settings window opens offscreen if preference enabled to center dialogs on Settings or Game window
- BUG (3.2): Error shown for Automatic Prizes configuration even when configuration was valid
- BUG (3.4.b1): CurrentTime causes an error when added to the dashboard
- BUG (3.4.b1): PrizePool causes an error when added to the dashboard
- BUG (3.4.b1): Exporting from Database tab can cause error
- BUG (3.1): Rounding code uses precision of Amount to be rounded instead of nearest
- BUG (3.2): Error can occur when editing multiple transactions
- BUG: Backing up or restoring with many (1000s) of files can take a long time
- BUG (3.0): Variables can be inserted into read-only formulas by double-clicking
- BUG (3.4.b1): "Show Find on Stats tab of Settings window" preference missing from Preferences tab
- BUG (3.4.b1): "Chip Up" checkmarks don't display unless Break is edited
- BUG (3.4.b1): <startingChips> layout token displays nothing
- BUG (3.4.b1): Toolbox on Layout tab no longer adjustable
- BUG (3.4.b1): Data Stores dialog contents shrink when Active Data Store is changed
- BUG (3.4.b1): Set Chip Counts dialog renders incorrectly
- BUG (3.4.b1): Highlighting on Set Dealer Buttons dialog stopped working
- BUG (3.4.b1): <currentTime> doesn't respect "Use 24-hour clock" preference
- BUG (3.0): Buy-in time column on Players tab has time even for players who are not bought-in
- BUG (3.4.b1): Resizing Prize Suggestions Config dialog may cause an error
- BUG (2.?): Seating algorithm can seat locked players at the end of the final table, instead of randomly
- BUG (3.4.b1): Error sometimes seen when entering Players tab and Track Players is set to Simple mode
- BUG (3.4.b1): Hotkeys on player dialogs not always working

Version 3.4 beta 1
======================================================================
New Features:
- Overhauled user interface code, which should result in fewer errors from IE
- Added preference for font size of Settings window and all dialogs (Preferences tab, Display section)
- Added Search feature to search for players on Players tab, Database tab, and Stats tab
- Added preference to allow for different player name formats for Game window and Settings window
- Changed "Increment by 1 in Simple mode" preference to "Prompt for player count when performing actions in Simple
  mode" and added sub-preference "Don't prompt for bust-out actions".  This allows returning to previous behavior of
  prompting for number of players to buy-in, rebuy, add-on, etc, while assuming only a single player when busting
  players out of the tournament (in Simple mode only).
- Increased number of places that record player movement in the tournament history (when that preference is enabled)
- Rename Columns dialogs updated to only show columns currently configured for display
- Added ability to limit the number of players displayed on the Stats tab
- Updated Export Layout to warn when images cannot be found on disk
- Added "minWinnings" attribute and [winnings] format to <inlineRankings> layout token
- Added <buyinFee> layout token
- Renamed some layout tokens for consistency: <startingChips> -> <buyinChips>, <buyinPoints> -> <pointsForBuyin>,
  <entries> -> <buyins>, <buyin> -> <buyinFee>.  Old token names will still work.
- Added "profileName" attribute to layout tokens <rebuyChips>, <rebuyFee>, <rebuyPoints>, <rebuyRake>, <rebuys>,
  <addonChips>, <addonFee>, <addonPoints>, <addonRake>, <addons>, <buyinChips>, <buyinFee>, <buyinPoints>,
  <buyinRake>, and <buyins>.
- Added "minPoints" attribute to <inlineRankings> layout token
- Updated "connector" attribute for <inlineRankings> layout token to allow for multiple connectors
- Added <image> layout token
- Added <currentdate> layout token
- Added "StartCountdown" <tdbutton> type
- Added "number" attribute to <nextbreak> token to allow specification of break #
- Added "Copy contents to all other Property Sets" feature on Cell dialog
- Added ability to move or delete multiple Screen Sets or multiple Screens on Screen Sets dialog
- Added "Swap" button on the Font dialog to swap the text and background colors
- Updated formula tooltips to show the value of the selected variable, and added a link to focus on the selected
  variable
- Added "WinCount" Overall Score variable (Stats)
- Settings window now sizes based on main display size, instead of 1024x768.
- Added "Preview" button to all exports, which displays the exported data in the default browser
- Updated Rounds spreadsheet mode so cursor left & right move between fields
- Updated Import Players Wizard for clarity
- Added buttons to Dashboard for Bust-out, Rebuy, Add-on, Add Players, and New Player
- Lots of other tweaks and improvements

Bugs Fixed:
- BUG (3.2): Rounding for "Average Hits" on Stats tab doesn't truncate to 2 digits past decimal point
- BUG (3.2): Clicking on the volume control track (above or below the slider) moves the slider randomly
- BUG (3.2): Chip images display via the <chips> layout token are left-aligned while the text is centered
- BUG (2.0): Error on Seating dialog when tables have been deleted.  Incorrect results when tables have been reordered.
- BUG (3.0): Error upon closing Hand Timer window
- BUG (3.3): Screen transitions preference and Tournament export preference overwrote each other (fixed in 3.3 patch 3)
- BUG (3.0): "Scan sub-folders" in Filter of Stats Profile not respected.  Refreshing stats always scans sub-folders
- BUG (3.2): Numerous bugs on Layout Conditions dialog
- BUG (2.2): Delete button is always enabled on HTML Styles dialog
- BUG (3.2): When "Remove Player from Tournament" (context menu) is selected and the player has already bought into the
  tournament, a confirmation dialog is presented before removing the player.  Even if the confirmation is canceled, the
  player is unseated.
- BUG: StatsGenie export uses 0 and 1, but should use 0 and -1
- BUG (3.2): Cheat Sheet button on Token Builder dialog closes the dialog
- BUG (3.2): Error when renaming a cell and the name of an existing cell is chosen
- BUG (3.3): Moving back and forth between Add Players and New Player adds "OK, repeat" buttons
- BUG (3.0): Pressing "List" on the Random Player dialog doesn't respect changes to criteria unless "Check" is pressed
  first
- BUG (3.2): League membership isn't shown when editing a player on the Players tab
- BUG (3.0): File.getLastModified(...) error in several places
- BUG (3.3): "Invalid seat number" error when importing players even when option to seat players not bought-in to the
  tournament is disabled
- BUG (2.0): Chip adjustment accepts negative amounts but becomes positive upon reloading a tournament
- BUG (2.0): When dragging items in the Settings window, ESC key should cancel drag, not close Settings window
- BUG (3.0): Copying a banner creates another banner with the same name
- BUG (3.2): "Clear" buttons missing from Config Files dialog
- BUG (3.2): On New Tournament dialog, if 2nd option is the last one selected, then the default tournament is cleared
  on the Config Files dialog
- BUG (3.3): Error on Last Table Balance dialog if a player listed has since been removed from the tournament
- BUG (3.2): Issues on Quick Start Wizard
- BUG (3.3): Salesperson selection missing from Add-on and Undo Add-on dialogs in Simple mode
- BUG (3.2): "Save" button doesn't enable upon loading a tournament
- BUG (3.3): Default order is incorrect on Arrange sections dialog of Controls tab
- BUG (3.3): Shift-click broken on players dialogs of Stats Profile dialog
  - used for league and season selection for filter
- BUG (IE): In IE10+, select lists don't update properly, leaving previously selected items still highlighted
- BUG (3.3): Some rows listed on same row in Clear Tables dialoh
- BUG (2.0): Import Players Wizard limits columns to 30 (changed to 100)
- BUG (3.3.b2): Error when clicking "Show Settings window tab nagivation arrows" (fixed in 3.3 patch 2)
- BUG (3.3): Error when exporting tournament with no players in it (fixed in 3.3 patch 1)
- BUG (3.3): Error on Data Stores dialog (fixed in 3.3 patch 1)
- BUG (3.3): Preference "Continue where I left off" does not load last loaded tournament (fixed in 3.3 patch 1)
- BUG (3.0): Chip values aren't abbreviated on the Dashboard
- BUG (2.5): 'this.getElement(...)' error is various places
- BUG (3.2): Overall Scores formula (Stats) variable "topTenCounts" is implemented as "listTopTenCounts"
- BUG (3.3.b1): "Tournaments" section is empty on Stats Player dialog
- BUG (3.2): <pointsformula> token should not round values
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:12:35 PM by Corey Cooper »

efdenny

• View Profile
Re: 3.4 beta 2
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 05:48:25 PM »
Looks really good, Corey.  I can confirm that the message behavior issue has been resolved.  Thanks again!

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 07:15:34 PM »
Downloaded and installed, have a tourney tomorrow night, will give it a try and report back.

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 12:30:58 PM »
Looks really good, Corey.  I can confirm that the message behavior issue has been resolved.  Thanks again!

Thanks for the update!  Glad to hear it is fixed.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 12:31:18 PM »
Downloaded and installed, have a tourney tomorrow night, will give it a try and report back.

Chuck

Thank you!  All feedback is appreciated.

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 01:15:21 PM »
Everything went good last night, other than the black dialog screen/TD freezing. This usually happens about 2hrs into the tourney, last night it happened about 30min in (only once). Usually I can just exit TD and restart, last night I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up Task Manager to close TD, then restart TD.

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 08:50:33 PM »
Everything went good last night, other than the black dialog screen/TD freezing. This usually happens about 2hrs into the tourney, last night it happened about 30min in (only once). Usually I can just exit TD and restart, last night I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up Task Manager to close TD, then restart TD.

Chuck

Thanks for the update!  Wish I could explain the black screens.  More incentive to get away from IE.

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 05:22:57 PM »
Hi Corey,

Well.. I finally decided to try the beta...

All seemed good right up until TD froze..  :(

The point at which everything just froze was when the "Suggest Player Movement" dialog appeared, the mouse pointer continually changed icon from busy to arrow etc., no dialog buttons were active and the TD application became unresponsive (timer stopped etc) - the only escape was to use task manager and zap the TD process.. then restart and "rebuild" the last state of the tournament  :-X

TD is normally so very reliable.. in the 4 years or so that I've used it, this is the FIRST time it has let me down.

My TD system, is a virtual machine (VMWARE) running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) with all Microsoft patches up to 23/04/2016.

My observations on v3.4 beta 2:
1) the mouse does seem to change more frequently between pointer and the busy icon and it seems the TD application is "busier" than in previous versions.
2) keyboard actions are occasionally ignored and it sometimes needs a couple of attempts to get things to work (I'm used to typing ahead when buying in players etc.. I can't do this now as I have to wait for dialogs to render and display etc).

Let me know it there's anything evidential I can provide you.. otherwise i'll be returning to v3.3 !! 

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 08:23:34 PM »
I run a small tournament today, with no problems.
Will run a bitter one on Thursday, will have more to report then.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 03:46:06 PM »
Hi Corey,

The point at which everything just froze was when the "Suggest Player Movement" dialog appeared, the mouse pointer continually changed icon from busy to arrow etc., no dialog buttons were active and the TD application became unresponsive (timer stopped etc) - the only escape was to use task manager and zap the TD process.. then restart and "rebuild" the last state of the tournament  :-X

TD is normally so very reliable.. in the 4 years or so that I've used it, this is the FIRST time it has let me down.

My TD system, is a virtual machine (VMWARE) running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) with all Microsoft patches up to 23/04/2016.

1) the mouse does seem to change more frequently between pointer and the busy icon and it seems the TD application is "busier" than in previous versions.
2) keyboard actions are occasionally ignored and it sometimes needs a couple of attempts to get things to work (I'm used to typing ahead when buying in players etc.. I can't do this now as I have to wait for dialogs to render and display etc).

Let me know it there's anything evidential I can provide you.. otherwise i'll be returning to v3.3 !! 

Wish I knew what was causing this.  I would be very interested to know if moving back to 3.3 definitively fixed it.

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 06:45:18 PM »
Hi Corey,

Wish I knew what was causing this.  I would be very interested to know if moving back to 3.3 definitively fixed it.
Reverted back to v3.3, ran a tournament tonight and had no issues.. none of the mouse pointer rapidly changing between icons.. and no lockup. I'll keep you informed of any developments!
Keep up the good work Corey, it is appreciated.  :)

NCPL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 11:40:45 PM »
Ran a 6 hour tournament last night using the new beta version. Happy to report no problems what so ever. I am running it on Windows 10

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 09:37:55 PM »
Ran a 6 hour tournament last night using the new beta version. Happy to report no problems what so ever. I am running it on Windows 10

Thanks for the info!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 09:39:00 PM »
Hi Corey,

Reverted back to v3.3, ran a tournament tonight and had no issues.. none of the mouse pointer rapidly changing between icons.. and no lockup. I'll keep you informed of any developments!
Keep up the good work Corey, it is appreciated.  :)

If you get the urge, and have the time, try the beta version again and see if you get the same results.  It would be good to know if the behavior is reproducible.  I appreciate your efforts regardless.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 10:15:20 AM »
Happy to report no problems at all with the software during a 9 hour tournament yesterday, running on Windows 10.