Author Topic: 3.4 beta 1  (Read 49493 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
3.4 beta 1
« on: June 15, 2015, 10:35:45 PM »
Version 3.4 is ready for beta testing.  This is the first beta for 3.4.  There are still features I want to add to this version, but I would like to get some feedback on what's ready now.

Standard beta testing disclaimer:
This is a BETA release of the software.  Beta means I am not aware of any bugs, but I'd like to get some more testing done before an official release.

If you plan to participate in the beta test, backup your data first.  This can never be stated too often.  The TD can do this for you, just press the "Backup" button on the Database tab and check all options.  You should do this whether you try a beta version or not.

Below is the relevant part of the changes.txt file.

Thank you again to everyone who will participate in this test release.  Please post or email any feedback you have.

Edit: 3.4 beta 1 has been superseded by 3.4 beta 2.  See http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5161.0

The Tournament Director 3.4 beta 1
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2015 Corey Cooper

Version 3.4 beta 1
======================================================================
New Features:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Overhauled user interface code, which should result in fewer errors from IE
- Added preference for font size of Settings window and all dialogs (Preferences tab, Display section)
- Added Search feature to search for players on Players tab, Database tab, and Stats tab
- Added preference to allow for different player name formats for Game window and Settings window
- Changed "Increment by 1 in Simple mode" preference to "Prompt for player count when performing actions in Simple
  mode" and added sub-preference "Don't prompt for bust-out actions".  This allows returning to previous behavior of
  prompting for number of players to buy-in, rebuy, add-on, etc, while assuming only a single player when busting
  players out of the tournament (in Simple mode only).
- Increased number of places that record player movement in the tournament history (when that preference is enabled)
- Rename Columns dialogs updated to only show columns currently configured for display
- Added ability to limit the number of players displayed on the Stats tab
- Updated Export Layout to warn when images cannot be found on disk
- Added "minWinnings" attribute and [winnings] format to <inlineRankings> layout token
- Added <buyinFee> layout token
- Renamed some layout tokens for consistency: <startingChips> -> <buyinChips>, <buyinPoints> -> <pointsForBuyin>,
  <entries> -> <buyins>, <buyin> -> <buyinFee>.  Old token names will still work.
- Added "profileName" attribute to layout tokens <rebuyChips>, <rebuyFee>, <rebuyPoints>, <rebuyRake>, <rebuys>,
  <addonChips>, <addonFee>, <addonPoints>, <addonRake>, <addons>, <buyinChips>, <buyinFee>, <buyinPoints>,
  <buyinRake>, and <buyins>.
- Added "minPoints" attribute to <inlineRankings> layout token
- Updated "connector" attribute for <inlineRankings> layout token to allow for multiple connectors
- Added <image> layout token
- Added <currentdate> layout token
- Added "StartCountdown" <tdbutton> type
- Added "number" attribute to <nextbreak> token to allow specification of break #
- Added "Copy contents to all other Property Sets" feature on Cell dialog
- Added ability to move or delete multiple Screen Sets or multiple Screens on Screen Sets dialog
- Added "Swap" button on the Font dialog to swap the text and background colors
- Updated formula tooltips to show the value of the selected variable, and added a link to focus on the selected
  variable
- Added "WinCount" Overall Score variable (Stats)
- Settings window now sizes based on main display size, instead of 1024x768.
- Added "Preview" button to all exports, which displays the exported data in the default browser
- Updated Rounds spreadsheet mode so cursor left & right move between fields
- Updated Import Players Wizard for clarity
- Added buttons to Dashboard for Bust-out, Rebuy, Add-on, Add Players, and New Player
- Lots of other tweaks and improvements

Bugs Fixed:
- BUG (3.2): Rounding for "Average Hits" on Stats tab doesn't truncate to 2 digits past decimal point
- BUG (3.2): Clicking on the volume control track (above or below the slider) moves the slider randomly
- BUG (3.2): Chip images display via the <chips> layout token are left-aligned while the text is centered
- BUG (2.0): Error on Seating dialog when tables have been deleted.  Incorrect results when tables have been reordered.
- BUG (3.0): Error upon closing Hand Timer window
- BUG (3.3): Screen transitions preference and Tournament export preference overwrote each other (fixed in 3.3 patch 3)
- BUG (3.0): "Scan sub-folders" in Filter of Stats Profile not respected.  Refreshing stats always scans sub-folders
- BUG (3.2): Numerous bugs on Layout Conditions dialog
- BUG (2.2): Delete button is always enabled on HTML Styles dialog
- BUG (3.2): When "Remove Player from Tournament" (context menu) is selected and the player has already bought into the
  tournament, a confirmation dialog is presented before removing the player.  Even if the confirmation is canceled, the
  player is unseated.
- BUG: StatsGenie export uses 0 and 1, but should use 0 and -1
- BUG (3.2): Cheat Sheet button on Token Builder dialog closes the dialog
- BUG (3.2): Error when renaming a cell and the name of an existing cell is chosen
- BUG (3.3): Moving back and forth between Add Players and New Player adds "OK, repeat" buttons
- BUG (3.0): Pressing "List" on the Random Player dialog doesn't respect changes to criteria unless "Check" is pressed
  first
- BUG (3.2): League membership isn't shown when editing a player on the Players tab
- BUG (3.0): File.getLastModified(...) error in several places
- BUG (3.3): "Invalid seat number" error when importing players even when option to seat players not bought-in to the
  tournament is disabled
- BUG (2.0): Chip adjustment accepts negative amounts but becomes positive upon reloading a tournament
- BUG (2.0): When dragging items in the Settings window, ESC key should cancel drag, not close Settings window
- BUG (3.0): Copying a banner creates another banner with the same name
- BUG (3.2): "Clear" buttons missing from Config Files dialog
- BUG (3.2): On New Tournament dialog, if 2nd option is the last one selected, then the default tournament is cleared
  on the Config Files dialog
- BUG (3.3): Error on Last Table Balance dialog if a player listed has since been removed from the tournament
- BUG (3.2): Issues on Quick Start Wizard
- BUG (3.3): Salesperson selection missing from Add-on and Undo Add-on dialogs in Simple mode
- BUG (3.2): "Save" button doesn't enable upon loading a tournament
- BUG (3.3): Default order is incorrect on Arrange sections dialog of Controls tab
- BUG (3.3): Shift-click broken on players dialogs of Stats Profile dialog
  - used for league and season selection for filter
- BUG (IE): In IE10+, select lists don't update properly, leaving previously selected items still highlighted
- BUG (3.3): Some rows listed on same row in Clear Tables dialoh
- BUG (2.0): Import Players Wizard limits columns to 30 (changed to 100)
- BUG (3.3.b2): Error when clicking "Show Settings window tab nagivation arrows" (fixed in 3.3 patch 2)
- BUG (3.3): Error when exporting tournament with no players in it (fixed in 3.3 patch 1)
- BUG (3.3): Error on Data Stores dialog (fixed in 3.3 patch 1)
- BUG (3.3): Preference "Continue where I left off" does not load last loaded tournament (fixed in 3.3 patch 1)
- BUG (3.0): Chip values aren't abbreviated on the Dashboard
- BUG (2.5): 'this.getElement(...)' error is various places
- BUG (3.2): Overall Scores formula (Stats) variable "topTenCounts" is implemented as "listTopTenCounts"
- BUG (3.3.b1): "Tournaments" section is empty on Stats Player dialog
- BUG (3.2): <pointsformula> token should not round values
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:42:50 AM by Corey Cooper »

T-Bone

• View Profile
Re: 3.4 beta 1
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 03:17:08 AM »
Not working on my system. Loads straight to tournament mode instead of displaying settings window, but right-clicking on any screen or attempt to minimize fail--no close or minimize icons in upper right of screen. Closing window results in display of warning that auto-save is not enabled. Subsequent attempts to start application result in the nifty swirling arrow for 1 or 2 seconds and...nothing. Will troubleshoot as time allows and report back if I find a solution.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 07:04:01 AM »
Sounds like the Settings window may be opening off-screen.  Try starting it up and, when it seems like it should be done initializing (wait maybe 30 seconds after starting), press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12.  That will recenter all open windows onto the main display (and change the display preferences to open windows centered onto the main display).

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 07:55:34 AM »
Well, aren't you just the clever one? That seems to have resolved the problem.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 09:09:42 AM »
Sorry but does one install and run the beta?

Since I have initiated/requested some of those changes, i kinda feel obligated to test them out?  ;)

TIA
M

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 10:17:20 AM »

Glad to hear it worked.  Makes me a little nervous, though, because I don't know why it opened off-screen.  This is important in this release because I changed the way dialogs are created and opened.  They now initially are opened off-screen, sized appropriately, then moved on-screen.  This should not be a problem, as moving and placement of dialogs has never been an issue, but you never know what's going to pop up when you get your software onto other people's PCs.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 10:19:48 AM »
Sorry but does one install and run the beta?

Since I have initiated/requested some of those changes, i kinda feel obligated to test them out?  ;)

TIA
M

I'd love for as many people as possible to try it out, but don't feel obligated.

To try out the beta, just download it (from the link in the main post in this topic) and install it as you would any other version.  It will "upgrade" your current version to version 3.4 beta 1.  There's nothing else to do.  Do make sure you create a backup first, though.  It will help if there's an issue, or you decide to return to using version 3.3.

http://www.thetournamentdirector.com/faq.html#faq32

H2SO4JB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 11:35:25 AM »
I discovered a bug directly.   ;)
The function "24-hour clock" does not work for me.
The clock shows PM and AM although I enable this option. Is this a bug?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 01:18:15 PM »
It certainly could be a bug.  I just enabled the preference "Use 24-hour clock" and switched back to the Players tab, and the Buy-in times all changed to 24-hour display.  Where are you seeing that it stays on 12-hour am/pm setting?

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 05:20:09 AM »

Glad to hear it worked.  Makes me a little nervous, though, because I don't know why it opened off-screen.  This is important in this release because I changed the way dialogs are created and opened.  They now initially are opened off-screen, sized appropriately, then moved on-screen.  This should not be a problem, as moving and placement of dialogs has never been an issue, but you never know what's going to pop up when you get your software onto other people's PCs.

Same thing when I loaded on my laptop. Hiring a neighborhood kid to help me hold down all those keys once again resolved the issue.   ;)

H2SO4JB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 07:27:45 AM »
It certainly could be a bug.  I just enabled the preference "Use 24-hour clock" and switched back to the Players tab, and the Buy-in times all changed to 24-hour display.  Where are you seeing that it stays on 12-hour am/pm setting?

Hi Corey!

I have a clock with the current time on the tournament screen. That clock does not switch to 24-hour style.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »

Same thing when I loaded on my laptop. Hiring a neighborhood kid to help me hold down all those keys once again resolved the issue.   ;)

LOL.  Yeah, it's a handful, but it's intentionally a key combination you would never want to configure [on the Hotkeys tab] for any actions you want to use during the tournament.

Any chance either of you were previously using the TD with a second display?  I hope the Settings window opened offscreen because it was configured to open on the second display [which isn't currently connected] and not for some other reason.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 03:41:24 PM »

Hi Corey!

I have a clock with the current time on the tournament screen. That clock does not switch to 24-hour style.

Ah, that explains it.  The <currentTime> layout token doesn't follow the preference.  Instead it is configured directly to use 12-hour or 24-hour format:

<currentTime format="24-hour">

I guess in hindsight it would have been better to have it use the preference unless the format attribute is specified.

Doctor_XXX

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 12:21:22 AM »

LOL.  Yeah, it's a handful, but it's intentionally a key combination you would never want to configure [on the Hotkeys tab] for any actions you want to use during the tournament.

Any chance either of you were previously using the TD with a second display?  I hope the Settings window opened offscreen because it was configured to open on the second display [which isn't currently connected] and not for some other reason.
This same thing happened on both my desktop and laptop.  The laptop typically has an external monitor attached (when we have a game) but the desktop does not (it is used to tweak the layouts and as a backup only).  The key combo worked, but on first startup, the menus were all hidden (off screen).  Just another example, for your information.

H2SO4JB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 02:58:12 AM »

Hi Corey!

Ah, that explains it.  The <currentTime> layout token doesn't follow the preference.  Instead it is configured directly to use 12-hour or 24-hour format:

<currentTime format="24-hour">

I guess in hindsight it would have been better to have it use the preference unless the format attribute is specified.

Ok, I understand.
But how do you explain that it was not so in V3.3?
I've just updated to V3.4.b1, not changed anything in my layout.
You must have changed something?   :)