Author Topic: 2.6 beta 5  (Read 43905 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2.6 beta 5
« on: April 24, 2011, 10:56:15 PM »
Beta 5 is ready for prime time.  Once again I'm hoping it's the final beta, and once again here is the standard disclaimer/beta release text:

This is a BETA release of the software.  Beta means I believe I have squashed all of the bugs, but I'd like to get some more testing done before an official release.

As I have stated before, backup your data first.  This can never be stated too often.  The TD can do this for you, just press the "Backup" button on the Database tab and check all options.  You should do this whether you try a beta version or not.

The user manual has still not been updated.  Below is the relevant part of the changes.txt file.

Thank you again to everyone who will participate in this test release.  Please post or email any feedback you have.

Download the 2.6 beta 5 here: [link removed]

** UPDATE: this beta test has officially ended.  See my update here: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=2738.msg14516#msg14516

Version 2.6.b5 (beta release 5)
======================================================================
New Features:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Added "player" attribute to <expression> token, allowing the expression/formula to have variables for a particular player
- Added "chipStack" and "playersAtSameTable" player formula variables
- Added "time" and "lastplayermovementtime" condition variables
- Added "Last" and "Bubble" stat/column (Stats tab)
- Updated Table Images dialog to show an error when the image for a table blueprint cannot be found
- Added preference for default character set (for printing or exporting to HTML)
- Added preference to specify for which type of transactions to print receipts
- Added preference to "auto print" (force the "Print" dialog to confirm the print operation)
- Added player names [back] into context menu operations
- Added "Hide scrollbar" option for all built-in game screens
- Added "Suppress for Event messages" option for Status Messages (hide status messages when an event message is displayed)
- Updated Find feature to also search player Internal ID
- Changed preferences on Tables tab into tournament settings, and added preferences to determine their default values
- Changed the "Stop" button on the floating clock to a play/pause button
- Added News section to Game tab
- Added Tables tab setting to automatically accept movement suggestions
- Added a "Used by" button to the Sound dialog (indicating which events use the sound)
- Added warning text to Borders dialog if borders are currently overridden
- Added "Hide empty tables" option to Tables tab
- Changed "New Tables" to "Add Tables" and now creates enough additional tables to seat all players
- Added preferences for saving layouts with or without tournaments and for what to do when loading a tournament that contains a saved layout
- Added export token <notes> on Tournament and Summary tabs
- Added guidance text to Stats tab
- Added <bountychipcount> layout token
- Added "Omit duplicates" checkbox to export email addresses dialogs
- Added "Max Players" option for Game, Players, Database, and Stats exports
- Added "Omit previous levels" option on the Blinds Schedule screen
- Made column header for checkbox columns a check all/none checkbox and removed all check all/none links
- Added "Auto format name fields" option to Player Details dialog
- Added "New Player" button to the "Add Player" dialog
- Added "Compress seating" and "Select screen by name" <tdbutton> actions (and hotkey for "Select screen by name")
- Added a line through descriptions for disabled events
- Added "(Gave up bounty chip)" indication on Game Player dialog Tournament History section
- Added "omitAwarded" attribute to <prizes> token to omit already awarded prizes
- Added Quick buy-in player context menu option to Tables tab
- Added ability to add-on or rebuy any player (including ineligible players)
- Added Pot/PrizePool to the Dashboard
- Added an option to launch the help file in Internet Explorer
- Changed tooltips to "hints" for some fields on Game tab
- Simplified Stats Profile dialog (removed Default sources, made all paths absolute)
- Updated Countdown dialog to allow starting of the countdown if the tournament is not considered "ready"
- Added a warning when loading a Rounds template will cause the round to change
- Added "Apply" button to Name Format dialog
- Added context menu option to enable/disable the Dashboard
- Added hotkey for "Auto-size tournament screen"
- Changed "Show only busted out players" option on Players Rankings screen also show 1st place (who never technically busts out) after the tournament has ended
- added "defaultText", "pastText", and "useNone" attributes to <roundbeforenextbreak> token

Bugs Fixed:
- "Windows has a problem with this file: comdlg32.cab, Unknown Publisher" error when starting the software, on Windows 7 with Service Pack 1.  Load and save dialogs do not function
- In some places, $0.00 will display as {1}.00 if using Internet Explorer 9
- Errors don't always trigger the error dialog if using Internet Explorer 9
- Tournament screen flashes when a background image is used if using Internet Explorer 9
- (2.5.11): The Total in the Take-in section on the Summary tab includes House Contribution, and should not.  Consequentially, "Paid in" in the Pot section also includes House Contribution and should not.
- (2.6.a1): Single file selection dialog expands to the full size of the path when it opens
- (2.6.a1): Table Images dialog, editing a <None> entry (entry with no image or blueprint selected) results in error
- (2.5.11): <totalpot1> and <totalpot2> export tokens on the Summary tab should be <preguaranteepot> and <totalpot>, respectively
- (2.0): Date format of "MM.DD.YYYY" displays as "11.2.2006" (should display as "11.02.2006")
- (2.5.11): "Pause at end of rounds" and "Pause at end of breaks" preferences actually pause the clock upon the start of the following level
- (2.5.11): "End of countdown" History item is not added to the tournament history
- (2.5.11): Player Rankings, Player Movement, Schedule pages don't center properly on page resize
- (2.5.a1): Seating Chart screen, in list format, only shows Player column, not Seat column, for empty columns (when number of columns is greater than the number of seated players)
- (2.5.11): Seating Chart screen, in list format, doesn't update when all players are unseated
- (2.6.a1): "inTheMoney" conditions variable has been changed to "inTheMoneyRank"; "inTheMoney" is now a player variable indicating whether or not the player is considered "in the money"
- (2.6.b2): Event dialog doesn't warn when OK is pressed and the conditions formula is invalid
- (2.5.11): Name column on Stats page doesn't change when Name Format preference changes
- (2.6.b4): "Browse..." button on Restore dialog (Database tab) is broken
- (2.6.a1): HomePokerTour.com export errors when players were busted out without a hitman
- (2.5.11): "Buy-in player" context menu option on Players tab does not pre-select player
- (2.5.11): Quick buy-in player on Players tab sets the Bounty Chip cost even if "Use bounty chips" is disabled
- (2.5.11): Players aren't always properly removed from chops when their buy-in is undone
- (2.5.11): Chop dialog lists ranks as "0" when performing a manual chop
- (2.5.11): A player may not be unseated when the player's tournament history is edited from the Game Player dialog
- (2.5.11): A rebuy when the tournament is over does not initiate a table balance
- (2.5.11): Temporary files used when printing were not deleted
- (2.6.a1): Insert Add-on, Rebuy, et al, context menu items on Game Player dialog are broken
- (2.6.b3): Applying Screen Properties dialog when there are no screens errors
- (2.6.a1): Delete Hotkey dialog displays hotkey incorrectly
- (2.5.11): Ctrl+F and Ctrl+P do not always work on Help tab
- (2.6.a1): Malformed layout tokens cause error
- (2.5.11): If the countdown ends (and tournament starts) while the Rounds tab is displayed, the current level indicator doesn't appear
- (2.5.11): Closing the Settings dialog using a hotkey (ESC) does not save the last change to the rounds schedule if in spreadsheet mode
- (2.6.a1): Right-clicking on a disabled input causes error
- (2.6.b4): <roundbeforenextbreak> token returns "-1" when no more breaks in schedule
- (2.5.11): Settings window tabs are not updated when "Reset Everything" option selected on Preferences tab

Known Issues:
- When using Internet Explorer 9, when background images are set IE9 renders the screen without the image for a brief moment before rendering the image.  This can produce a brief flash effect.  The Tournament Director has code to work around this issue as much as it can, but ultimately this is an IE9 issue.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:01:02 PM by Corey Cooper »

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: 2.6 beta 5
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 11:05:30 PM »
Thanks Corey, Just down loaded, I'll give it a go for tonights game

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 11:15:31 PM »
Also just downloaded. Planning on doing an extensive database mock tourney to help test it out some - going to try it with all of my players

EDIT: One quick thing I noticed after installing - Seems like b5 took out the "backup" folder from the data folder. Also, would there be a way to suppress the warning with the personal license after viewing it once?  Like seeing the "News" box - a way to keep up with the forum. Question on that, however, is what would show should there be no internet connection? Just did a backup for the first time in quite a long time, and noticed that the dialogue box stays open to show details. If new, nice! If not, then perhaps I should back up more often... lol.

On a (slightly) more serious note, I have all but two status messages disabled (clock paused, unseated players). However, I still get the one at the beginning stating to buy in players. Hope to have a big tourney update tomorrow, but will be tough, as I'm in school most of the day.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:46:56 PM by Magic_fubu »
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 11:37:41 PM »
Corey, I was just messing around with the dashboard click Showboard it scrolled all the way down the page heres a pic,half way down, and i like the NEWS on the Game tab

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 01:02:10 AM »
b5 Looks Good! Ran it through a few tests and some new features are great. The option to choose what TD prints receipts for will be a big help on saving thermal paper, and the option to send a keystroke to the print dialog will also save me time (often by me not paying attention and realizing the dialog box opened).
Hoping to see a Buy-In Player option on the New Player Dialog, this too will save time and also hoping to have a token added for a name format I can use in InLine Rankings (some of my players want a nickname showing up instead of their real name).
I love the ability to export a certain number of players instead of everybody in the filter !!!
I'll give you more feedback in the next few days.
Great Job!

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 05:46:02 AM »
On a (slightly) more serious note, I have all but two status messages disabled (clock paused, unseated players). However, I still get the one at the beginning stating to buy in players. Hope to have a big tourney update tomorrow, but will be tough, as I'm in school most of the day.

Same here.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 06:11:45 AM »
Good work Corey, A welcome release.

I have spotted my first problem, status messages are not disabling when unchecked, as I only use the Paused status message with all others disabled

I have tried deleting the set, creating a new set etc to to avail.  It only works when I check the "Disable all status messages"

EDIT: Magic Fubu talks about the licence reminder when starting up which seems reasonable for personal users but is a reminder to upgrade if required to commercial necessary when you already hold a commercial licence!?

Regards
Stuart
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:54:47 AM by stuamurr »
Stuart Murray

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 10:25:25 AM »
Corey, I was just messing around with the dashboard click Showboard it scrolled all the way down the page heres a pic,half way down, and i like the NEWS on the Game tab
Must of been a one time thing, seems to be fine now

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 10:57:24 AM »
Thanks for all of the very quick feedback everyone!

One quick thing I noticed after installing - Seems like b5 took out the "backup" folder from the data folder.

There is no "backup" folder.  You must have created that one.

Also, would there be a way to suppress the warning with the personal license after viewing it once?

Take it from someone who starts up the software more often than anyone else on the planet, this dialog is annoying.  But this is an unfortunate consequence of license abuse.  This still being a beta version, I'm still shaking out the details of how I want to handle this, but as of right now this will be staying.  I am open to suggestions.

Like seeing the "News" box - a way to keep up with the forum. Question on that, however, is what would show should there be no internet connection?

If there is no internet connection, the News section will retry for a while, and eventually tell you it could not retrieve the news.  It doesn't cache anything currently.  And that's actually a good idea (forums).  At this point I really don't know where I'll be taking the News section - currently it just shows the News on the website which is pretty static.  I like the idea of showing some recent forums posts.  Unfortunately the space is pretty small so there's not a whole lot that can be shown.

Just did a backup for the first time in quite a long time, and noticed that the dialogue box stays open to show details. If new, nice! If not, then perhaps I should back up more often... lol.

Yes, backup more often.  :)

On a (slightly) more serious note, I have all but two status messages disabled (clock paused, unseated players). However, I still get the one at the beginning stating to buy in players.

Sounds like you're not the only one to see this.  I probably messed something up when I added the preference to suppress status messages when event messages are displayed and didn't test it enough.  I'll look into it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 11:00:02 AM »
Must of been a one time thing, seems to be fine now

I thought I had worked all of the weirdness out, but obviously not.  If you see this again and have any idea what you might have done to make it happen, please let me know.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »
EDIT: Magic Fubu talks about the licence reminder when starting up which seems reasonable for personal users but is a reminder to upgrade if required to commercial necessary when you already hold a commercial licence!?

It's not a reminder to upgrade, just a reminder of what type of license is installed and the restrictions of said license.  I have a lot of cases, in commercial environments, where one person or department will procure the license and another will use it.  The conditions of the license are typically not communicated to the person actually using the license.  Or an employee leaves a job or transfers to another location and/or position, and another person takes their place, and this type of information is not passed on.  I've even had people *sell* their own personal license to a business as a commercial license.  In all of these instances it is up to the end user (business/employee) to be aware of the conditions under which they have licensed the software, but it doesn't hurt to remind them.  This also makes the legal standing far more firm.

Again, I don't like it anymore than you guys, but it's got to be done.  And again, I'm open to suggestions.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 11:14:58 AM »
... and the option to send a keystroke to the print dialog will also save me time (often by me not paying attention and realizing the dialog box opened).

I hope this feature works for everyone.  I'd almost place it into the "hack" category, so I'm curious to hear your results.  FYI, I'll eventually add this to the user manual, but if you need to do any special keystrokes, this is documented on Microsoft's website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8c6yea83.aspx

Hoping to see a Buy-In Player option on the New Player Dialog, this too will save time ...

I'll add it to the list.

... and also hoping to have a token added for a name format I can use in InLine Rankings (some of my players want a nickname showing up instead of their real name).

Can you be more specific (sorry if you've asked this before)?  Are you wanting to display the First/Last name for some players and Nickname for others?  Are you wanting to display names differently just for this token than elsewhere in the program?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 12:26:19 PM »
Just started the test with all 216 players that I have in my database. Just noticed that there's a minimize and close button in the top corner - makes it really nice when trying to test something and reply on here (as i just did)  ;D

EDIT - Is the mshta.exe the image name for TD? I ask this due to the fact that as I near the end, TD lags not with the clock, but with starting sounds for bust outs. I don't see one directly associated with TD, and mshta.exe is the only one that I have that's over 100k (at 180k). Am sure there's not much that can be done to change it, nor would it become an issue for me personally, but I know it may become one for others. What is odd, though, is that at the moment I've got the default sounds for the one minute warning, as well as the level ending, and those played right on time as they should have... Just not the bust out sound - about a two to three second delay towards the end... Smooth at first in the beginning.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 12:53:13 PM by Magic_fubu »
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 06:58:13 PM »
first tournament glitch free.  One problem I did notice though, when carrying out direct buy-ins during registration TD would not allow repeat keystrokes, the <add player> button was highlighted (Players Tab) but pressing enter to enter the next player did nothing, which then meant that intervention by using the mouse was required in order to click on Add Player, which does slow down reg, as usually myself and the TD are able to enter the players using the <enter> key and unique player names/numbers with (using auto-perform action) meaning that we can keystroke (almost) all the entries without having to use the mouse to point and click.

The <Add Tables> feature for me seems a bit counter-intuitive, serving little purpose I preferred the previous <New Tables> of 2.4b4 any TD or card room manager I would surmise is aware of how many tables they have/need and how many heads they want at those tables during the seating draw.  Also I am not a fan of the new window which now displays which says <# New Tables Created>, tbh more of an annoyance as it increases the keystrokes or mouse clicks for that action, for example if i have 40 entries at 11 max tables i'm gonna click (previously) New Tables, 9 handed so that I know i'm getting 5 tables to have sufficient late reg space without having to high card players.  It just seems a bit of a 'nanny' option now.

With regard to the licence reminder I have already given my suggestions to you via e-mail, I am not a fan of placing those suggestions on a public forum where user's with abused personal licences are likely to see.  I understand what you are saying about the licence, perhaps the reminder only popping up once every so often, rather as every time for commercial would be more apt?

I like the new New Player option on the Add Player dialogue, could we not have an <Add & Buy-In> button/option along with the standard <ok> button like Jody suggested?

Other than those minor frustrations looking good, still looking for that seating chart in rotating pages rather as a scrolling single page though ;-)

Cheers
Stu
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:00:40 PM by stuamurr »
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 10:13:24 PM »
Just started the test with all 216 players that I have in my database. Just noticed that there's a minimize and close button in the top corner - makes it really nice when trying to test something and reply on here (as i just did)  ;D

That has actually always been there.  But for beta 5 I changed them so they have a Vista/7 look to them, added a partial title bar to place them on and make them easier to see, and made it so the mouse doesn't have to move quite so far into the corner before they appear.

EDIT - Is the mshta.exe the image name for TD? I ask this due to the fact that as I near the end, TD lags not with the clock, but with starting sounds for bust outs. I don't see one directly associated with TD, and mshta.exe is the only one that I have that's over 100k (at 180k). Am sure there's not much that can be done to change it, nor would it become an issue for me personally, but I know it may become one for others. What is odd, though, is that at the moment I've got the default sounds for the one minute warning, as well as the level ending, and those played right on time as they should have... Just not the bust out sound - about a two to three second delay towards the end... Smooth at first in the beginning.

Yes, mshta.exe is the Microsoft HTML Application exe, which hosts the TD.  Delays like you're hearing might be more likely to be caused by the audio file themselves, but really I couldn't say why this is happening.  Are they large audio files?  Are you using a different bust-out sound each time?  You might try using the same sound for every bust-out, and see if it tends to lag after the on subsequent bust-outs.