Author Topic: Main Tournament Screen Not Displaying  (Read 1005 times)

LIPokerStarsLeague

• View Profile
Main Tournament Screen Not Displaying
« on: July 20, 2019, 06:43:30 PM »
Went to start our Tournament and the main tournament screen will not display. Just a solid green or blue screen. Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Main Tournament Screen Not Displaying
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 07:03:18 PM »
What happens if you use a different layout?

LIPokerStarsLeague

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 06:53:59 AM »
It works for other templates or when I load up past events. It looks like it has to do with the auto-resize option if you right click on the main screen. Once saved, the main tourney screen doesn’t come back and it’s just a solid green/blue screen. I’m rebuilding our tourney template now from a previous event, so should be ok moving forward.

Quick question: We hook up the computer via HDMI to an external monitor. Is there a way to configure the external monitor to display the main tourney screen only and not the settings window when we’re busting players out or consolidating tables etc?

Also: Can’t seem to find a good clear seating chart option to display 4-5 tables that would allow everyone to easily see their seats. Either too small to read or names are getting cut off etc.

Thanks so much Corey!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 11:20:20 PM »
The auto-size feature was apparently broken a while back ... probably right around version 3.0.  It was only somewhat recently brought to my attention that it was broken.  It was unknown to me for a few years, and several versions.  That does make me question its value.  :)

I actually fixed it for the next version.  But it's still a clunky kind of way to resize the screen.  Instead, I'd recommend (a) using a layout that is intended for your display size (or closest to it) and (b) using layout scaling (preferences button on the Layout tab).

Quick question: We hook up the computer via HDMI to an external monitor. Is there a way to configure the external monitor to display the main tourney screen only and not the settings window when we’re busting players out or consolidating tables etc?

Preferences tab -> Display Management category

Everything you need is there.

In the next version, the main window can go full-screen and back to window mode by pressing F11 (like your browser).  So you'll be able to just drag the main window to the display you want, hit F11, then hit ESC to open the Settings window.  There's a preference to tell the TD to open the Settings and other windows on a specific display, so your game window can be on one and your Settings and everything else on the other, with no need to tell the application about your displays or use controls to move the game window around.