Author Topic: BB Ante tournament  (Read 2307 times)

ScottBroker

• View Profile
BB Ante tournament
« on: July 10, 2018, 09:24:15 AM »
I was thinking about doing one.  15K chips  with smallest denomination 100,  30 minute levels.  Any suggestion on Blind structures??????

efdenny

• View Profile
Re: BB Ante tournament
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 06:00:08 PM »
It's the same as any other ante tournament... you can use this: https://pokersoup.com/tool/blindStructureCalculator

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »
No idea, if you don't say how many players, or how long you want it to last!

Jaxen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 04:42:46 PM »
If the smallest chip is 100, might I suggest you have a 20K starting stack. Your 1st level an't be lower than 100/200 so players get 100 big blinds to start, but with 30 minute levels I get 75 BBs to start is okay.

When the antes start (I'd say no earlier than the 3rd level), they'll be the same as the BB. For you that'd be either 300/600 or 400/800.

I don't know what these tournaments do when they get down to the last few players. When heads up is a player really posting 2 BBs (a BB and an ante) every other hand?

Not sure if I'm crazy about this format. The pros love it. Whenever a new style comes out, it seems to be mixed. The rebuy tournament (full rebuy allowed any time you fall under 1/2 starting stack) went the way of the dodo, but the re-entry (must bust out to get a new starting stack in a new seat) lives on. The "mixed-max", where a tourney starts with 9-handed tables then goes to 6, then 4, then heads-up matches when the field gets to 4/8/16, was all the rage then flamed out; I really liked that and our group still uses this for our end-of-year bash. Who knows if the BB ante sticks around.