Author Topic: Bounty Points  (Read 2784 times)

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
Bounty Points
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:29:35 AM »
Can we add the points for the bounty into the formula?

I want to award 2 x # of Players for the bounty.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty Points
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 11:10:06 AM »
"Points for the bounty".  What does this mean?  A prize that is a bounty on a particular player?

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:37:15 PM »
Yes.

Currently we can allocate a specific point amount as a bounty on a player. Can we make this a formula?

My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 09:08:51 AM »
Are you asking that the "Points" input of a Prize (on the Prizes tab) accept formulas instead of just numeric values?

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2009, 01:22:18 PM »
That would work, yes.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 10:25:04 AM »
Sorry, guess I didn't understand.  There is a to-do item for allowing formulas for the value of prizes.  But I also have a note by it that says "Is this really necessary?".  There have been a few requests for this, but if I remember correctly, so far they were all either confused about what they needed, or what they wanted could be accomplished some other way.

If you want to create a prize that is $2 times the number of players ... well, I can't think of a way to do this off the top of my head (without using a formula in a prize).

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 05:43:30 AM »
I want to award Points to the person who busts the bounty. And the points would be: 2 * r

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »
Meaning if player A knocks out the bounty player, player A gets a bonus based on how player A ultimately performs?

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:06:19 AM »
Ok, i'll try again. :)

Currently we have a bonus 100 Points awarded to whover knocks out the winner from the last tournament. (Lets call him the bounty).

We also have our normal points formula where you earn points dependant on how many players have played the tourney. for example.. 1st gets 10 x 60 (60 being the number of players) = 600.

Whoever knocks out the bounty gets 100.

My issue now is, we are starting some new games where there may be only 8 players. So the winner gets 10 x 8 = 80, but the bounty winner would get 100.

So I would prefer to make the bounty "Points" a formula so I can have 2 x 8 or 2 x 60 etc, depending on player numbers.

So Player A still just gets his bounty bonus points but they are relative to the tournament size.

Thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »
Gotcha.  So that would be "2 * n", not "2 * r".

n = number of players
r = rank

So I will have to look into this.  It doesn't seem too hard to implement (although there would be some UI work to be done), but I feel like I might have balked previously for some other reason.  Might have to do with how prizes are calculated (feel like there was some circular logic or something).  Prizes have to be calculated in the right order or things get messed up...

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 08:23:22 PM »
cheers.