Author Topic: TD points, how do i personalise this and is there a list of codes as im a momo a  (Read 1184 times)

Asphyxiates

• View Profile

Hi,
I run a monthly home game for around 10 of my mates (crackingpoker.co.uk) and 2 years ago we used the TD to run our game. We used whatever default programme points system TD offered but I have no idea what the points were based on (1st, 2nd, buy-ins, time out etc) Is there a list of codes or formulas available so i can tailor our game as we want to or am I just slow at this??? Pls help, new season at the end of the month....

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Check through the help me, previous post there are loads of  points systems on there

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The user manual included with the software also has specifics on all of the variables available to use for formulas.

Asphyxiates

• View Profile
I had a look at the user manual although im as technical as a caveman, can you tell me what makes up the points formulae, how is it weighted? We dont play hitman or bounty but just want a fair way of deciding the winner at the end of the year.
If that makes any sense....
Thanks

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
It doesn't award points automatically, per se. You can use log functions if you want some separation, or multiply it if you want more. If you want a basic formula, you can use the n-r+1, which would award points based upon total players and their finishing rank. (ie 4 players gives 4 for 1st, 3 for second, where as in a 40 player tournament, 1st gets 40, 2nd gets 39...). It's mainly how you want to award points. You could even use a switch function to award points that wont change for players, based upon their rank. For example, switch(r, 1, 20, 2, 15, 3, 10, 4, 5) tells the program to look at the player's rank (r), and find their place. If 5th or worse, they don't get points. If 1st, they get 20 (1, 20). If 2nd, then 15 in that example.

Again, it's mainly a question of if you want a lot of space, or little, or how volatile you want to shake things up each week.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!