Author Topic: Need Assistance With Points Formula  (Read 2750 times)

colossalboom

• View Profile
Need Assistance With Points Formula
« on: June 08, 2009, 08:17:53 PM »
Hello,

Not being a math whiz, if someone could help me out here I'd greatly appreciate it.  :)

I'm using the formula n-r+1 but want to adjust it so I can use it to give extra points to players at our final table.  I'd like to give 1st an extra 15 points, 2nd and extra 10 points, 3rd an extra 5 points, and 4th to 8th an extra 3 points.  I'm sure that can be incorporated into the formula...just not sure how.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need Assistance With Points Formula
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:29:17 AM »
n - r + 1 + switch(r, 1, 15, 2, 10, 3, 5, 4, 3, 5, 3, 6, 3, 7, 3, 8, 3)

colossalboom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:31:43 AM »
Sweet.

Did a little research and came up with n - r + 1 + (r==1?15:0)+(r==2?10:0)+(r==3?5:0)+(r==4?3:0)+(r==5?3:0)+(r==6?3:0)+(r==7?3:0)+(r==8?3:0)

but I like yours better.

Thanks.

Another question for you.  Do you know of any pre-built database, preferably MySQL and PHP, that will allow one to enter players, their scores, different venues, and allow searching for overall standings, specific venue standings, and display number of final tables, number of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishes, etc.  I'm in need of this but really don't have the time to build it myself.  I was wondering if there's a chance that I don't have to re-invent the wheel and there's some sort of open source tool out there that I might just be able to install and use.

Thanks again for your help.

robertchas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »
There is a forum member currently workng on a joomla component that will do just this you will need joomla installed on your server but this is free, as for the component I have been told that this will be around 4 weeks but not sure if it will be free or chargeable have a look at http://www.satellitepoker.com.au/09 this site uses the joomla component and is a excellent example.

or do a search for joomla component on the forum.

hope this helps

chas

Johno

• View Profile
    • The Poker Leaderbaord
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:08:35 PM »
I have been told that this will be around 4 weeks but not sure if it will be free or chargeable

It's looking a bit closer now, around 2 weeks hopefully. There will be no ongoing cost but a one off purchase price. And it will include all updates etc.. will be reasonably prices of course.
My League Website - Joomla Component for TD. Now available for Joomla 1.5, 1.7 & 2.5