Author Topic: Prize Description  (Read 1162 times)

Carlavatky

• View Profile
Prize Description
« on: October 21, 2019, 08:20:21 PM »
Is there any way to have the system create automatic prize but not use "Place" as the description? 1st and 2nd etc. is all I need. "1st Place" seems redundant.

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Prize Description
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:03:23 PM »
Prize tab ( click
Edit prize ( display .. click on Name .. delete place

Carlavatky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 09:21:11 PM »
Well yes, that much I knew. I'm asking if prizes can be created automatically that do not include the description since so I don't have to go thru and do it manually for every tournement.  I never know if I'll have 10 or 30 people show.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:22:53 PM by Carlavatky »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 01:19:11 PM »
Sure, but you'll have to provide your own configuration file.  For automatic prizes, the file "autoPrizes.xml" is used.  There are a few steps to set it up:

- On the Preferences tab, press the System Info button.
- Look for the line that says "Install folder".  Right-click that line and select "Explore Folder".
- Open the "lib" folder.  You should find "autoPrizes.xml" and some other files.  Right-click on "autoPrizes.xml" and select "Copy".
- Back in the TD, in the same System Info window, find "Data Folder".  Right-click and select "Explore Folder".  Press Ctrl+V to paste the file.

You should now have a copy of the "autoPrizes.xml" file in your Data folder.  I would recommend renaming it to show it is different.

Now you need to edit the file.  Use Notepad or another app I like "Notepad++", which is a free file editor.  You'll see the file looks something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--
  The Tournament Director
  Copyright (c) 2004 - 2018 Corey Cooper
-->
<prizeConfig>
  <prizeLevels>
    <prizeLevel minPlayers="1" maxPlayers="2">
      <prize rank="1" name="1st Place" percent="100" />
    </prizeLevel>
    <prizeLevel minPlayers="3" maxPlayers="6">
      <prize rank="1" name="{1} Place" percent="70" shareLeftover="true" />
      <prize rank="2" name="{1} Place" percent="30" />
    </prizeLevel>
    <prizeLevel minPlayers="7" maxPlayers="9">
      <prize rank="1" percent="50" shareLeftover="true" />
      <prize rank="2" percent="30" />
      <prize rank="3" percent="20" />
    </prizeLevel>

Each <prize> line has an optional "name" attribute.  If missing, the prize will be named like "1st Place".  Otherwise, the prize will get the name specified.  The text {1} will be replaced with the prize ordinal rank (1st, 2nd, etc) and the text {2} will be replaced with just the rank number (1, 2, etc).

Once you've changed it, go to the Prizes tab and press the "Automatic" button.  Then press the "Configure" button.  At the top you'll see the file being used.  It should say:

<tdfolder>\lib\autoPrizes.xml

Press the "Change" button and find and select your new file.  The display should update to reflect your file, but prize name isn't displayed, so you'll have to go and try the feature out to see if your naming scheme is what you want.

Carlavatky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 03:45:18 PM »
Got it! Thanks again