Author Topic: scrolling player knocked out  (Read 4064 times)

violator

• View Profile
scrolling player knocked out
« on: July 14, 2006, 02:08:36 PM »
OK so far I have been able to figure out how to get some of the info in and where I want. I have been trying to get the ranking to display in a scrolling manner and got it to work, however, I am trying to get some text in between the players who were knocked out and the hitman to display "Eliminated by" or something similar.
When  I insert the text in between the following string, it fails to display the info after where the text was inserted and does not display the text

<MARQUEE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=50 DIRECTION=UP SCROLLDELAY=500><rankings showTimeOut="true" showRoundOut="true" Eliminated By showStillIn="false" showHitman="true" showHits="false" showColumnTitles="false" max="10"></MARQUEE>

It should display rank, name, time out, round out, "Eliminated By", and Hitman

I am very new at this but have been able to pick this up fairly quickly, so what is it I am doing wrong?

Vio

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: scrolling player knocked out
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 11:16:47 AM »
The <rankings> token displays the player rankings in a way similar to what you see on the Player Rankings page.  This allows you to drop the rankings directly into your "clock" page, so you don't have to switch to the Player Rankings page (and away from the clock) to see the rankings.

This token displays the rankings in a table format, just like on the Player Rankings page.  Scrolling it horizontally in a marquee would be strange at best.  I think you're looking more for something that would list the rankings horizontally, with some additional text to make sense of it.

8 Corey 8:35 4 Ed, 9 Brad 8:22 3 Jack, 10 Adam 7:45 3 Jack

That, to me, doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  But nevertheless, that's what it would look like if you took each row of the Player Rankings and showed them side-by-side.  It's the titles at the top of each column that make it sensible.

8th place: Corey busted out at 8:35 round 4 by Ed, 9th place: Brad busted out at 8:22 round 3 by Jack, 10th place: Adam busted out at 7:45 round 3 by Jack

That makes much more sense.  I'll add a new token to accomplish this.

To your specific question, the "tokens" in the Tournament Director are little bits of XML.  To understand why your modification didn't work, you'd be best served by reading a little bit about XML.  w3schools has some great tutorials: http://www.w3schools.com/xml/default.asp

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 11:34:25 AM »
Wow, after posting that and actually implementing it in the software, I realized your marquee is scrolling UP.  Duh.

Still, there's no way in the <rankings> token to insert additional text (between two columns, as is the case here).

violator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 12:13:58 PM »
lol, thanks corey