Author Topic: Team Ranking  (Read 1509 times)

begodon

• View Profile
Team Ranking
« on: January 25, 2018, 12:16:46 AM »
Hi Corey, i need your help with two things, first one is a Ranking Formula that assignt points following these rules:

- 5 Participation points for everyone that registers
- +5 points to the final table (9 players) (10 points total)
- +10 points to the champion (20 points total)

It's just that for the formula, now comes the tricky part, we want to promote a ranking in "teams", couples to be precise, where everytime an predefined team, or a player of the team plays, their points are summed up; is that possible? if not, how can i solve that?

Thanks Corey <3

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Team Ranking
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 02:03:56 PM »
Formula is easy: 5 + if(finalTable, 5) + if(r = 1, 10)

It's just that for the formula, now comes the tricky part, we want to promote a ranking in "teams", couples to be precise, where everytime an predefined team, or a player of the team plays, their points are summed up; is that possible? if not, how can i solve that?

This is a feature request (ability to define teams).  Actually, this is an extension of the current feature request, and to be completely honest adds a pretty big dimension.  The current feature request really is just to be able to identify groups of players by name or color or some means like that.  Today formulas involve a single player and the player's status in the tournament.  Referencing another player gets tricky and messy.  But I suppose if you could sort players by team it might be easier to tally up team scores outside of the TD.

begodon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 01:22:43 AM »
Thanks Corey, just a detail on the formula we need to change, our final table have only 9 players, not 10, how can i set that?! Tks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 11:36:53 AM »
The finalTable variable is true (1) if this player made the final table or false (0) if not.  Before the tournament is over, this is a calculated guess.  After the tournament is over, it is more accurate.  I say more accurate because you can do things to make it inaccurate (like modify the tables after the tournament is over or manually move players from what it thinks should be the final table to some other table).  Regardless, it does take into account the number of seats at what it determines to be the final table.

begodon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 04:57:32 PM »
Oh, that may be because i have tables with 10 players during the tournament, just the finaltable is with 9, so before i save the file, removing one seat from the Table 1 should do the trick?!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 06:35:32 PM »
Or marking a seat as unavailable.  Or actually designating the table as the final table (press the Collapse Order button on the Tables tab).

begodon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 06:45:21 PM »
Like This?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
Yep.  But be aware the software will likely consolidate players at a 10-seat table when 10 players remain, and then move everyone to the final table when only 9 players remain.

begodon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 05:03:31 PM »
Yep.  But be aware the software will likely consolidate players at a 10-seat table when 10 players remain, and then move everyone to the final table when only 9 players remain.

No Problem, i do all the moves manually during the tournament, just the final table i let the for the software to randomize...