Author Topic: Rankings screen when player busts out  (Read 3027 times)

efdenny

• View Profile
Rankings screen when player busts out
« on: December 02, 2011, 05:14:49 PM »
I was wondering if there was an easy way to display the Rankings screen for (x) seconds/minutes after a player busts out?  I continually get the "How many points did I earn?" question immediately after someone busts out.  Alternatively, if someone knows how to get a message to display "<name> busted out by <hitman> in <position> place and receives <points> points." would work as well... thanks in advance!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Rankings screen when player busts out
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 01:21:51 AM »
Unless you have an event created to play a sound when someone busts, you should be able to do exactly that as a message through the evens tab. Condition = a player busts. The action would be to display the screen for the rankings. Not too sure, as I'm not at the computer that has TD installed.... I know I have a screen that I created for the rankings, so if you have that as well, it's just a matter of knowing the modifier (the number you push to show it).
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 01:59:16 AM »
Hotkey F3 for Ranking Screen, once there X for a bust out, but this will lockscreen so unlock. Display message, everything but <points>

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 01:19:51 PM »
I'll add a variable lastPlayerBustOutTime (there's already a lastPlayerMoveTime).  This would allow you to create a Screen Set that displayed the Player Rankings screen for a specified amount of time after a bust-out.  For example, the Conditions:

((time - lastPlayerBustOutTime) > 0) and ((time - lastPlayerBustOutTime) < 60)

... would cause a Screen Set to be selected for 60 seconds following any player's bust-out, and then go back to the usual Screen Set.  With just the Player Rankings screen in that Screen Set, you'd get what you were looking for.

Adding a few variables to the Event message display would be good, too.  <prizepoints> and <points> (for total points the player has) would also solve this.  I'll put all this down on the to-do list.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »
Cool, thanks a lot Corey!

I'll add a variable lastPlayerBustOutTime (there's already a lastPlayerMoveTime).  This would allow you to create a Screen Set that displayed the Player Rankings screen for a specified amount of time after a bust-out.  For example, the Conditions:

((time - lastPlayerBustOutTime) > 0) and ((time - lastPlayerBustOutTime) < 60)

... would cause a Screen Set to be selected for 60 seconds following any player's bust-out, and then go back to the usual Screen Set.  With just the Player Rankings screen in that Screen Set, you'd get what you were looking for.

Adding a few variables to the Event message display would be good, too.  <prizepoints> and <points> (for total points the player has) would also solve this.  I'll put all this down on the to-do list.  Shouldn't be too difficult.

FlatFootWorks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 12:04:35 PM »
Is it possible to do this now?  It does not look like the conditions have been added yet and I can not find away to do it through the Events tab.

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 09:30:26 PM »
Creating an event that displays a message as described in the original post was already available.  The variable lastPlayerBustOutTime, which would allow one to create a Screen Set that displays the Player Rankings screen for X number of seconds after a bust-out didn't make it yet, but is slated for 3.2.

FlatFootWorks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 09:33:37 AM »
Thanks Corey. 

So is it possible to show the "screen for the ranking" or just the <ranking> token?  If so, how can you have the built in Player Ranking screen show as an Event?

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Did the <points> variable make it in?  I can't seem to use it... I'm assuming that would be 3.2 as well... thanks again!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »
So is it possible to show the "screen for the ranking" or just the <ranking> token?

I'm not sure I'm following you.  The Events have their own set of tokens.  They are a bit more limited than the layout tokens.  You can see them by pressing the "Insert Token" button on the Event Action dialog.

If so, how can you have the built in Player Ranking screen show as an Event?

Again, not sure I'm following you.  The idea is to have a Screen Set that displays only the Player Rankings screen, and set its conditions such that it will switch to this Screen Set for X number of seconds immediately following a bust-out, and then return to the previous Screen Set (or whatever Screen Set is then appropriate).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 11:16:30 AM »
Did the <points> variable make it in?  I can't seem to use it... I'm assuming that would be 3.2 as well... thanks again!

It's slated for 3.2.