Author Topic: Different buy-ins  (Read 3362 times)

tjackson8685

• View Profile
Different buy-ins
« on: May 31, 2023, 03:13:00 PM »
I run a (big) home game a few times a year where the dealers play and in exchange for dealing they only pay 50% buy-in. So for example if we have 10 tables x 10 players the buy ins total $9,500 (90 x $100 + 10 x $50). To make this work I simply include one  buy-in for every two dealers so when we start it shows as 95 players in the tournament and $9,500 in prize money. Means the average chip count is off a bit but not a big deal. Wondered if there is any way to configure so there are two levels of buy-in one at $100 and one at $50 so it would show 100 players but still only show $9,500 in prize money? Thanks. 

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Different buy-ins
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2023, 07:02:41 PM »
You can adjust the buy-in amount when you buy-in each player.  So even if you set the buy-in at $100 in the Buy-in section on the Game tab, when you buy-in the dealer you can change the amount to $50 for that particular buy-in.  You do this on the actual buy-in window, not on the Game tab.  You leave the amount on the Game tab set at $100, although you could actually do it that way too if you wanted, but I would recommend just adjusting the buy-in amount at time of buy-in.

If you want to get a little fancier you can create a separate buy-in profile for dealers.  Press that big + button next to the Buy-in section on the Game tab.  Then when you buy-in your players and dealers, you don't have to change the buy-in amount, you just select the appropriate profile.