Author Topic: my load button stopped working  (Read 66971 times)

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
Re: my load button stopped working
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
My button stopped working just now. I finished printing some stats, shutdown TD but did not shutdown my laptop. I recorded some audio files for TD on my desktop and when finished started TD on the laptop so I could transfer the audio files. TD started but when I went to load the button wouldn't work. So I restarted my laptop only to find that windows was doing an update. I waited for the update to complete and tried TD load button again. No luck. Got message windows had problem installing updates and suggested I search the web (08x00705b4). Since I am running windows 10 I don't see IE icon so I decided to look at the latest updates that were installed. Two new ones from today were there. The first one I uninstalled was KB3124266. No luck. Next I uninstalled the other update KB3135174. No luck either. So I went & did what I-Hate_windows suggested. No luck there. Currently using back door approach. Loading the file under the file folder.

Santos Poker

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2016, 10:39:02 AM »
Got the same problem with this load button, tried everything that I saw and nothing. Got a problem to load templates as well. What can I do?

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2016, 05:14:39 PM »
Be aware that other buttons are affected. One important one is Backup un database tab.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2016, 06:30:49 PM »
Corey, Anytime you try to save anything, game, template etc the button acts like it was depressed but nothing happens. Ran a tournament but the only way it got saved was if I used auto-save. Tried to do a back-up, same thing, button depressed nothing happened. I found something else that was curious. When I use the file folder explorer to look at TD  I could not find a folder that said SAVES. So I used file explorer to look for the folder and it did show me the saved files but NOT the folder. I would try to reload TD but without a current back up think that is too dangerous. Is there a way to back up the database without TD that TD would accept when it's reloaded?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2016, 04:01:57 PM »
The saves folder is typically in:

C:\Users\<your-windows-login>\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data

That's the default "Data Store" (although it can be changed if you choose to do so).

To manually "backup" the TD's data, just copy that whole folder somewhere.

FYI, the "save" button should work, if you've already got a tournament loaded.  The issue is with the "select file" dialog.  Pressing "Save" with a new tournament has the same effect as pressing the "Save As..." button, since the TD needs you to choose a path and file name.  But if it already knows the file name, pressing the "Save" button should simply save it without presenting a file selection dialog.  So that should work fine.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »
Got the same problem with this load button, tried everything that I saw and nothing. Got a problem to load templates as well. What can I do?

The best thing to do is to try the various solutions that have worked:

- http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5038.msg21280#msg21280
- http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4343.msg21526#msg21526
- Rollback Internet Explorer to a previous version
- Temporarily disable any anti-virus or anti-malware software installed

This problem appears to have multiple causes, some of which clearly have not been discovered yet.  This makes it difficult to diagnose and determine a foolproof solution.

Just to reiterate, my number one priority right now is finishing version 3.4, since it is so close to being done.  After that, my number one priority will determining a way forward, hopefully by ditching Internet Explorer baggage and moving to a new framework, leaving this problem and others like it behind in the process.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »
Corey, I understand your  priorities. I did try the other solutions mentioned but to no avail. So I did a couple of things. First I did figure out how to backup the database without using TD so I didn't loose any data. I reloaded windows and then reloaded TD 3 software. Everything working ok now.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2016, 11:33:49 PM »
Adding a native file browser to the application.  I've tried to avoid doing this as long as I could because it's a hack at best, but clearly it has to be done, at least in the interim until IE can be done away with.  It will be available in 3.4 beta 2, which I will release as soon as I possibly can.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2016, 05:11:02 PM »
If you're still experiencing this issue, I would highly encourage you to try version 3.4 beta 2.  It has the built-in file dialog as a fix and I'd really love to hear feedback on whether or not it works for you.

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5161.0

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2016, 11:34:37 PM »
Load button stopped working. How do i get the beta version?

efdenny

• View Profile

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2016, 05:59:57 PM »
Corey,

I might be about to try to "teach Granny to suck eggs..."  :P, but...
In a number of recent applications I've produced I've hit very similar "odd" issues as reported in previous posts which turned out to be:

[Egg sucking mode: ON]
What IE emulation is TD using?
The following might be of use: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/patricka/2015/01/12/controlling-webbrowser-control-compatibility/

i.e. Force the IE emulation to a known version.
[Egg sucking mode: OFF]

Regards
 Rich

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2016, 01:03:08 PM »
Excellent suggestion.  Unfortunately the TD runs as an HTML application, and as such the rules are a little different.  I have been able to get the main window to use a more recent emulation mode, but the dialog windows are stuck in IE 7 world.  :(

Will be exploring moving to Chromium or some flavor of it after 3.4 is released.

JerryG

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »
Similar problem.  New purchase and install of 3.3 went on a Win10 machine with IE 11 (no choice, it's that or nothing with Win10 unless you want to start frogging around with virtual machines).  Worked well enough for about 4 or 5 days.  Set up tourneys, players db, various templates, added events, ran through several tourney simulations... starting, busting players out, pausing, balancing & collapsing tables, etc., etc.  Today "my load button stopped working"... in fact, all(?) of the buttons to load, save, save as, browse, etc. stopped working.  I COULD start directly from one of my .tdt files, but couldn't modify and save my changes, etc., etc.

Have communicated with "support".  Have downloaded and installed 3.4.b3.  All appears to be well... so far.  Hope it werkz!

JerryG

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2017, 03:48:56 PM »
Forgot to say "Thank you, Corey!"