Author Topic: Upgraded to 3.7 from 2.5, can't find folders to transfer layouts etc over?  (Read 1195 times)

JBjr

• View Profile
Was using a shitty old laptop to run poker on for the last upteen years running Windows XP and TD2.5. Finally upgraded my laptop to a more current one running Windows 10 and upgraded TD to the current version.  Quite the change as far as layout goes etc but what I am having issues with is getting my saved layouts, templates, players database etc over to the new version on the new laptop.  Can anyone help me?  I can't seem to find the TD folder in the programs list in Windows, and will the templates and layouts I created in the old version work seamlessly with the new one?  Or should I just create new ones? (pain in the ass and time consuming so I don't really want to that)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
So upgrading should work seamlessly, but it will depend on the version you upgraded from.  Were you using version 2.5 or version 2.5.x?  There were 15 "patch" versions released: 2.5.1, 2.5.2, etc - all the way to 2.5.15.  If you were using 2.5.6 or later, it should "just work".  2.5.6 introduced the Data Store, which moved all of the included templates and sample files, as well as all of your saved data, from the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2) to your Documents folder.  If you were using 2.5.5 or earlier, you might have to copy files from the (old) installation folder over to your Documents folder.  In that case, open Windows File Explorer and go to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2 and copy the folders saves, templates, db, images, and sounds to your C:\Users\<your-Windows-login>\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data.

JBjr

• View Profile
Awesome, thanks Corey.  I'll try that later and update.  Cheers

JBjr

• View Profile
Ok, so I got all my layouts, templates etc copied into those folders.  Players in the database were still not showing up along with my league.  I exported that onto a usb drive and put that file onto the new computer.  I then opened TD 3.7.1 and imported it.  It imported however when in the database tab while running TD it will only show 7 players in the window. I can toggle it to the top or bottom 7 players when choosing the Name header, however I cannot view any of the players in between.  I can however see them all when buying players in or choosing delete players from the left hand menu in the database tab.  Not sure if I can't view them because of something I did when importing or if it's an issue in TD?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No issue I know of.  Can you give us a screenshot?