Author Topic: Bounties - new Bounty every buy in  (Read 1718 times)

HugginsPoker

• View Profile
Bounties - new Bounty every buy in
« on: March 13, 2020, 08:47:53 AM »
From what I read in prior posts, Bounty points / cash awards are only designated to the final hitman. I have never run a bounty tourney before, but in the tournament I’m setting up I was planning on allowing 1 rebuy and that rebuy included a new bounty chip.

Example:
Player 1 gets knocked out by Player A —> Player A gets the bounty chip and x points
Player 1 rebuys and is given a New Bounty chip
Player 1 later gets knocked out by Player B —> Player B gets the New Bounty chip and x points

Player A and B both get the $ and point award for the action of knocking out Player 1.

Questions:
Is this setup wrong? I feel both players A&B should be awarded.
Can TD properly pay and track it like this?

Follow up Question: If it is supposed to be the final knock out - do you ask Player 1 to rebuy right away if they are going to, to lessen confusion. Let’s say Player A busts out the next hand and cashed in the bounty before Player1 rebuys back in... situations like that make me feel like each buy in is a separate Bounty.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bounties - new Bounty every buy in
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 10:46:44 PM »
From what I read in prior posts, Bounty points / cash awards are only designated to the final hitman. I have never run a bounty tourney before, but in the tournament I’m setting up I was planning on allowing 1 rebuy and that rebuy included a new bounty chip.

Bounty chips are awarded to the hitman.  If the busted players buys in again, the original hitman retains the bounty for that first bust-out.  It doesn't go back to the busted player and then awarded to the final hitman.

Example:
Player 1 gets knocked out by Player A —> Player A gets the bounty chip and x points
Player 1 rebuys and is given a New Bounty chip
Player 1 later gets knocked out by Player B —> Player B gets the New Bounty chip and x points

Player A and B both get the $ and point award for the action of knocking out Player 1.

Questions:
Is this setup wrong? I feel both players A&B should be awarded.
Can TD properly pay and track it like this?

This is how the TD tracks bounties.

Follow up Question: If it is supposed to be the final knock out - do you ask Player 1 to rebuy right away if they are going to, to lessen confusion. Let’s say Player A busts out the next hand and cashed in the bounty before Player1 rebuys back in... situations like that make me feel like each buy in is a separate Bounty.

Different strokes for different folks.  Some people play where players only buy a bounty chip at buy-in and rebuys don't offer a bounty chip.  If the player rebuys, they hang on to their bounty chip until they bust out and don't rebuy.  The TD doesn't handle this scenario.  TD only handles the scenario where the player's bounty chip is surrendered at the first bust-out after the bounty chip purchase (whether at buy-in or a rebuy).

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 03:02:42 PM »
I have noticed this with rebuys and hits also but maybe that is how its supposed to work.
If a player rebuys the 1st player that busts him/her out doesn't get credit for a hit, only the final hitman.
I go back after the tournament is over and also give the 1st hitman credit.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 04:05:14 PM »
I have noticed this with rebuys and hits also but maybe that is how its supposed to work.
If a player rebuys the 1st player that busts him/her out doesn't get credit for a hit, only the final hitman.
I go back after the tournament is over and also give the 1st hitman credit.

I would double-check that.  The TD awards hits for every bust-out.  To test:

- Player P busted out by player H
- Verified player H now has 1 hit
- Player P rebuys
- Verified player H still has 1 hit
- Player P busted out again by player H
- Verified player H now has 2 hits
- Player P rebuys again
- Verified player H still has 2 hits

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 07:02:24 AM »
Sorry Corey. I misspoke, you are correct, the issue I have is with the bounty. We place a bounty on the winner of the last tournament, if the player with a bounty re-buys the bounty is awarded to the last player that busts him out instead of the first.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 11:36:01 AM »
Sorry Corey. I misspoke, you are correct, the issue I have is with the bounty. We place a bounty on the winner of the last tournament, if the player with a bounty re-buys the bounty is awarded to the last player that busts him out instead of the first.

Ah, a bounty prize does work that way.  You'll have to manually override it if the player rebuys.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 06:09:30 AM »

Ah, a bounty prize does work that way.  You'll have to manually override it if the player rebuys.

Our games are usually 7-8 players once a month, rebuys are rare (my friends are cheap). I think its only happened 2 or 3 times in the 15 years we have been playing that the bounty player has re-bought so doing it manually isn't a big deal.