Author Topic: Rebuy OR Addon  (Read 2436 times)

selkane

• View Profile
Rebuy OR Addon
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:50:29 AM »
Hello. I have been using TD for a couple of years now and absolutely love it! There is really no comparison, IMO.

For the majority of tournaments I host, we have always played that you are allowed one rebuy and one addon per player. Lately though, we have switched to allowing one rebuy OR one addon per player. In other words, if you rebuy in the early rounds, you are not allowed to addon when the time comes to so.  I have not been able to figure out how to set that up on TD yet, so usually when the addon time comes up, (usually at the end of the fourth round) I am stuck trying to remember who rebought so that I don't allow them to also addon, as the software would still allow this.

Is there a way to set up the software to only allow a player to do one or the other? If not, is that something that could be added to a future version?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sean

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuy OR Addon
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »
There is no way to prevent it, but the add-on and rebuy dialogs do display each player's add-on and rebuy count, which should make it pretty easy for you to disqualify people right there.  Are you using an older version of the software perhaps?

selkane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 08:26:04 AM »
Thank you very much for your response, Corey.  I am using version 2.5.10 and I'm sorry but I don't know exactly what you mean by the rebuy and addon dialogs.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 09:28:51 AM »
There are a number of different ways to perform a rebuy.  You can press a hotkey from the Game window (V by default), you can press the Rebuy button on the Controls tab, you can right-click on a player's name in the Game window and select "Rebuy <player name>".  Also, when a player busts-out you are given the option to immediately rebuy them in order for them to keep their existing seat.

All of these options open a dialog (window) allowing you to select the players who will rebuy, and allowing you to see or adjust the parameters of the rebuy (the fee, chips, rake, etc).  Next to each player's name is their current count of add-ons and rebuys.  So you can see how many add-ons or rebuys a player already has before performing the rebuy for that player.

Likewise for add-ons.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »
Selkane,

I know your situation.  Do you really need both add-ons and re-buys enabled - are you tracking players stats etc, if not can you not just call them all add-ons which can be taken as a re-buy during the tourney?  This would allow you to customise the add-ons to only one per-person and would take away manual checking of the player dialogue to ensure people are not using both.  Why get bogged down in logistics when you could keep it simple!

Best regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray