Author Topic: Side pots  (Read 863 times)

Tyke46

• View Profile
Side pots
« on: January 02, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
I saw that someone asked this question in 2013 how to set up side pots I have tried showing the high hand as a rake  and adjusting the players buy in but if I show it in the list of prizes and assign an amount to someone it shows the prizes as a negative in leftover pot.
I haven't added it to my tournaments yet I am still trying to find a better method of handling this. High hand is our only side pot.
We do take a fixed rake from each game $5 for end of year tournament to add to the pot for that tournament. Also $5 for a bad beat although bad beats are not usually in tournament games it accumulates until someone wins it.
I can show the high hand and bad beat amount on the screen by putting it in the amount on the edit prize function but cannot assign it without showing a negative left over pot. Does this make sense?

CruiseLite

• View Profile
Re: Side pots
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 01:43:11 PM »
What I do for our games is create a per player rake called "High Hand Rake" then create a prize called "High Hand Jackpot" equal to the total amount of the rake.
I then set the House contribution on the Game tab to that amount as well.

$1 High hand rake per player; 10 players = $10 raked. Prize set at $10; House contribution set at $10

Basically, you are pulling $10 out of the pot then adding it back in as a prize via the House contribution.
Works great for us.