Author Topic: scrolling a list  (Read 2901 times)

Bioniclad

• View Profile
scrolling a list
« on: July 09, 2006, 10:49:32 AM »
OK here is what i want to do. I want to have the current chip counts scroll across the screen.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: scrolling a list
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:11:24 PM »
I believe someone said they were able to do this using the HTML <marquee> tag.  Although I would guess it might be a little bit jumpy, it would still have the desired effect.

Bioniclad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 03:33:03 PM »
I did get it to scroll with the <marquee> tag however, the whole list scrolls by. i want to get it to do it on one line like a sports ticker.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »
By default, the marquee will continue to scroll indefinitely.  Once it reaches the end, it will start over.  If you aren't seeing this behavior, add the attribute "loop=0":

<marque loop=0>This is the marquee text.</marquee>

Adding the attribute "behavior=alternate" will cause it to reverse direction when it hits the end, instead of starting over.

Bioniclad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 05:10:16 PM »
it keeps on going and going. it just does the list a one block i was hoping i could get to do it like a ticker. on the bottom of the lay out. right now it's move of a moving list.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 05:50:44 PM »
Sorry, sorry, sorry... I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.  OK, the <chipleaders> token doesn't have any options at this time to display in any way other than in a vertical table.  So, I'll put on the to-do list to add an 'orient' attribute, like the <prizes> token has now, so they can be listed horizontally.

Bioniclad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »
sweet.....thanks for trying to help anyway.