Author Topic: Help Events  (Read 2237 times)

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
Help Events
« on: December 31, 2016, 08:24:25 AM »
Hi all,
At first sorry for my bad english

I want play sounds an message :
- when a player Burst out
- when the final table begin

I have 2 events:

1) Player eliminated
 - Trigger :    "A player busts out"
 - Conditions:
 - Actions:     Sound+Message

2)Final Table
 - Trigger :    "A player busts out"
 - Conditions: (players  =  9)
 - Actions:    Clock paused+ Sound+Message

My problem: only one of the two works, depends on which is the first in the list

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Help Events
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 09:43:08 AM »
Create a new event.(final table)Select Trigger "A player busts out".  Set Conditions to playersLeft = 9.  Add any actions you wish to occur at that time.  Press OK.  Then press "Sort Events" and move this new event to the top of the list.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 09:53:12 AM by TIMMER »

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 10:46:59 AM »
Thanks, this seems to be working! But, aditionally i would like that when the 10th player is eliminated, the sound and the message should appear, just like with the previous ones. And then the second event should be triggered. For now, due to the playerLeft=9 condition, only the second event is beeing triggered. Thanks again for your help!

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 08:49:49 AM »
i think what i wrote goes in a cell, instead of a event not sure..but you can change the 9 playersLeft to any number you want

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »
Sorry I think I have expressed myself wrong. I have 2 events with 2 different sounds and 2 different messages

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 11:13:14 AM »
If you have two or more events that have the same Trigger (A player busts out, for example), the events with specific Conditions should always go above events without any Conditions.

The reason is that the event without any Conditions will always fire when that Trigger occurs.  If it is higher in the list than other events with the same Trigger, those other events below it will never be considered when the trigger occurs.

The events with Conditions will only fire when those Conditions are met.  Thus, the event with Conditions "players = 9" will only fire when there are exactly 9 players.  At other times, it will be ignored and the event with no Conditions will fire instead.  If you want another event to fire when there are 10 players, create another event and set Conditions to "players = 10".  It doesn't matter if it goes above or below the event with Conditions "players = 9", only that it goes above the event with no Conditions.

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 07:47:26 AM »
Thanks Corey,
 which works now as I wanted. I have another question
The clock paused when only 9 players are left,
what do I have to do to keep the clock running again after 5 minutes?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 12:18:40 PM »
You mean your event that fires when 9 players are left has an action that pauses the clock?  And you want the clock to automatically start again 5 minutes later?

Create an event with Trigger "The clock has remained paused for some time", and Conditions:

clockPaused and (state = 2) and (clockPausedSeconds = 600)

Then add an Action to unpause the clock.

Note that this will cause the clock to unpause after 5 minutes any time it has been paused.  So you might want to include some additional Conditions:

clockPaused and (state = 2) and (clockPausedSeconds = 600) and (playersLeft = 9)

I can't think of anything else.  At least this would limit the event system in unpausing the clock after 5 minutes to only times when there are exactly 9 players left in the tournament.

MotoguzziF91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »
Corey you are the greatest !

On this occasion I would like to thank you for the great job, and your fast assistance. And in the name of many poker friends, I would like to express my respect to you