Author Topic: 3.7 Released!  (Read 19597 times)

Seitz333

• View Profile
Re: 3.7 Released!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 03:05:15 PM »
Running a new tourney tonight. While setting it up I noticed on the Database tab when adding a new player, in the first name field I want the name to display as JD, but it keeps changing it to Jd, also tried J.D. , it changes it to J.d.

Am I missing a setting?

Chuck

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 04:42:22 PM »
Uncheck the box at the bottom of the window that says "Auto-format name fields".

tonkatommy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 10:29:47 PM »
Any chance your secondary display is a different resolution than your main display?

While Microsoft and the Chromium team have made a lot of progress in support of higher resolutions and, I'm pretty sure there are still some kinks in the process.  Based on your description it seems like when the app is moved to the secondary display, Chrome is trying to adjust the scaling to match, but it's not working very well.

Both screens are 1920x1080. It seems very strange as it worked fine the previous week. I will check again this week if it is still doing it. I'll try to do a screen recording if it is so you can see. I have completely removed TD from my system as the old version was still installed. Maybe that will fix up the issue..

Found the issue.. For some reason the windows settings on my laptop was changing the scale settings to 150% for that certain projector.. Set it to 100% and all is well!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 11:04:13 AM »
Any chance your secondary display is a different resolution than your main display?

While Microsoft and the Chromium team have made a lot of progress in support of higher resolutions and, I'm pretty sure there are still some kinks in the process.  Based on your description it seems like when the app is moved to the secondary display, Chrome is trying to adjust the scaling to match, but it's not working very well.

Both screens are 1920x1080. It seems very strange as it worked fine the previous week. I will check again this week if it is still doing it. I'll try to do a screen recording if it is so you can see. I have completely removed TD from my system as the old version was still installed. Maybe that will fix up the issue..

Found the issue.. For some reason the windows settings on my laptop was changing the scale settings to 150% for that certain projector.. Set it to 100% and all is well!

Great!  Thanks for following up.

dullgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2020, 03:49:29 PM »
You're both correct.  The site is configured to redirect any "incorrect" filename downloads to the latest version.  I typo'd the download link and tested the update, not a direct download, which is always part of the release steps.  It was late and I'd been working on it for hours.  Anyway it has been fixed.

You missed a couple of spots. The text ("Click here to Download The Tournament Director version 3.7.0") gives me 3.7.0. But the green down arrows on the left and right of that text still gives 3.4.3.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:51:19 PM by dullgeek »

dullgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2020, 08:00:16 PM »
Is there a 32bit version of 3.7 available?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 10:44:13 PM »
You're both correct.  The site is configured to redirect any "incorrect" filename downloads to the latest version.  I typo'd the download link and tested the update, not a direct download, which is always part of the release steps.  It was late and I'd been working on it for hours.  Anyway it has been fixed.

You missed a couple of spots. The text ("Click here to Download The Tournament Director version 3.7.0") gives me 3.7.0. But the green down arrows on the left and right of that text still gives 3.4.3.

Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 10:45:16 PM »
Is there a 32bit version of 3.7 available?

The installer should install the version that is appropriate for your system.  If you've got a 32-bit system, you should get a 32-bit version.  If you've got a 64-bit system, you should get a 64-bit version.

I'm curious why you ask, though.

dullgeek

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2020, 05:33:01 PM »
The installer should install the version that is appropriate for your system.  If you've got a 32-bit system, you should get a 32-bit version.  If you've got a 64-bit system, you should get a 64-bit version.

I tried installing it on a 32 bit Windows 7 system and the installer said it required a 64 bit. To solve this problem I upgraded the OS to 64 bit Win10 since my CPU was 64 bit capable. So, unfortunately I can no longer replicate the issue to give you the exact error message.

Honestly now I can't remember if the installer gave the error or if it installed and then trying to run the program gave the error. But I *think* it was the installer.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2020, 06:26:19 PM »
Hmm.  Looks like I'll need to test that case.  Thanks for the info.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 04:49:34 PM »

I tried installing it on a 32 bit Windows 7 system and the installer said it required a 64 bit. To solve this problem I upgraded the OS to 64 bit Win10 since my CPU was 64 bit capable. So, unfortunately I can no longer replicate the issue to give you the exact error message.

Honestly now I can't remember if the installer gave the error or if it installed and then trying to run the program gave the error. But I *think* it was the installer.

You are correct.   After digging in a bit, it is probably building for my PC's architecture (64-bit).  I thought by default it built for both 32-bit and 64-bit, but it looks like that must be specified.  Now that I've set it up, the installation file is double the size, and I can see both 32-bit and 64-bit versions inside.

I think most folks are on 64-bit these days, but I'm not a die-hard about it so might as well work on 32-bit as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2020, 12:24:54 PM »
Hi Corey,

I've now run a few tourneys with v3.7, and can happily report no major issues.

However, I have spotted another "hidden feature"  ;D
The "Auto Perform" check-box on the buy-in players dialog occasionally unchecks itself - I've not yet managed to work out a definitive sequence of actions which causes the issue, but basically i'm buying in players ("B") and then typing a portion of their name and either selecting a player from a list of partial matches or repeating to buy-in the next player if the match resulted in a single player (auto-perform).
Do this a number of times and you'll see that the "auto-perform" will occasionally get unchecked  ???

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2020, 04:28:11 PM »
Hi Corey,

I've now run a few tourneys with v3.7, and can happily report no major issues.

Awesome!  Thanks for the feedback.

The "Auto Perform" check-box on the buy-in players dialog occasionally unchecks itself - I've not yet managed to work out a definitive sequence of actions which causes the issue, but basically i'm buying in players ("B") and then typing a portion of their name and either selecting a player from a list of partial matches or repeating to buy-in the next player if the match resulted in a single player (auto-perform).
Do this a number of times and you'll see that the "auto-perform" will occasionally get unchecked  ???

Let me know if you figure out a sure-fire way to reproduce it.  I just did about 100 buy-ins and can't seem to make it happen.

RichieD

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 07:42:19 AM »

Let me know if you figure out a sure-fire way to reproduce it.  I just did about 100 buy-ins and can't seem to make it happen.

The issue seems to be when I use the [Return] key to confirm selection of  users.. so I suspect that the focus isn't on the [OK] button but has drifted to the auto perform checkbox...
If I just use the mouse to point and click, then all seems well.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2020, 09:52:08 AM »
The issue seems to be when I use the [Return] key to confirm selection of  users.. so I suspect that the focus isn't on the [OK] button but has drifted to the auto perform checkbox...
If I just use the mouse to point and click, then all seems well.

So you enter some text to search, the list of players is reduced but not to one, then you ... tab to the player names to select them?  I'm a little confused on the process.