Author Topic: Crash on Auto-Save  (Read 2787 times)

Lafrog

• View Profile
Crash on Auto-Save
« on: February 22, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »
Hi Corey,

I believe you once said that you would think about adding "Templates" to TD where tournaments, with all their presets, could be open as a new untitled document and had to be given a name prior o be saved...

Personally, I can't hardly wait for that but in the meantime, would it be possible to address the application crash bug when TD attempts to auto-save a read-only document.

Currently, I am using read-only tournament files to ensure that my various tournament "profiles" do not get lost due to a missed step from the tournament director. (ie. Open the files, save it as a new name, start registering people...). The problem here is when the "save as..." part is skipped, TD will crash when attempting to auto-save the tournament. Could it be made so TD checks for that and simply warns me instead of crashing? This would save me a lot of grief...

TIA
Michel

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Crash on Auto-Save
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:34:36 PM »
I think what happened before wasn't a crash, but might as well have been since an error dialog kept displaying as the application kept trying to save the tournament but failed.

Regardless, this was fixed in 3.4.  I just tested to be sure.  What you should see now is attached dialog.  This would allow you to get out of the cycle of pop-up messages by disabling auto-save and fixing the issue.

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 08:30:26 PM »
... Regardless, this was fixed in 3.4.  I just tested to be sure.  What you should see now is attached dialog.  This would allow you to get out of the cycle of pop-up messages by disabling auto-save and fixing the issue.

You are right, sorry about that. The thing is, the last time I saw my client, he warned me about saving the file I was testing on so I assumed the problem still existed... Good to know that he listened to me I guess ;-)

That said, have you made any headway on adding "Templates" or "Master" files to TD?

As a reminder of what I wrote on September 09, 2015.

It would be great if we could create MASTER files in TD. Attempting to open a MASTER file opens a new Untitled/Unsaved file containing all the information included in the MASTER (Buy-in, addons, rebuys, rounds, layout, etc.). As a bonus, we should be prompt to name and save that file upon opening it and be able to pre-define a default naming scheme for our tournament files (Like: Date_League_Season)

TIA
Lafrog

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 02:13:38 PM »
Good to hear it's not broken.  :)

I haven't done anything on the master/template tournament files, no.  I still like the idea, but circumstances have simply dictated I focus attention elsewhere (Microsoft keeps trying to kill the app with these updates, and I need to port the app to a new framework, if there's to be any future for it).

I do like the ability to change the default tournament naming scheme.  That would be pretty easy to implement, too.  I'll see if I can sneak it in.