Author Topic: Streaming Music  (Read 923 times)

Carlavatky

• View Profile
Streaming Music
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:29:56 AM »
I've tried a couple of times to stream online music during tournament play but it seems that TD software sounds (blind announcements etc) do not fire - or at least we can't hear them. When I shut down the streaming service TD works as expected.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Streaming Music
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 12:45:39 PM »
That is odd.  Not sure why that would be.  I have seen similarly strange (and likely unrelated) things as well.  For example, I have 2 displays.  When I stream through Spotify my left monitor goes blank until I stop streaming.  Amazon Music doesn't do this.  A co-worker has the opposite experience.  When he streams Amazon, his right monitor goes out.  Spotify doesn't affect his monitor.  It really is the strangest thing.

I assume you are using a browser to stream music.  What music service and what browser are you using?

Carlavatky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:06:00 PM »
Just Amazon streaming thru Edge

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »
You could try adding a message to be displayed when the events fire.  This could help determine if sound is actually the issue (the events are firing but no sound is played), or perhaps something is off about the configuration of the events (so they are not firing when you expect them to).