Author Topic: Load tournament and restore buttons ignore me  (Read 1447 times)

Whiterhino

• View Profile
Load tournament and restore buttons ignore me
« on: November 19, 2019, 05:20:04 PM »
Hi Corey bit of an odd one for no apparent reason that I can think of and without any known changes my laptop appears to be playing up. Uninstalled and re-installed software and problem is still there. basically the button to load tournament depresses but fails to offer me an option. The restore button does the same, browse button acknowledges the press but does not offer file option. Manually pasting in path to restore file gives error message unable to find file. In preferences default datastore is blank but even manually entering <datastore>\Saves\sample.tdt has no effect and when I go back in it has disappeared. Uninstalled latest Windows updates but no success. I share the data across two laptops with a friend who has a separate license and his seems to work ok. Both Windows 10. As I investigate further it seems that more buttons appear to ignore the click. Is this something that has happened before?

Whiterhino

• View Profile
Re: Load tournament and restore buttons ignore me
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 05:30:00 PM »
I'm using 3.3.1 if an update to the current 3.4.3 would resolve the issue would the tournament files be back wards compatible or would I have to update the other laptop

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:03:38 PM »
I guess I missed this post.  Sorry!

It is a known issue that the file selection dialog will not work for some people.  It has been an issue for a very long time, but I was able to work around the trouble for a while.  In the past few years my workarounds have been rendered ineffective.  Luckily it only happens to a select few.

In version 3.4 (I believe) I added a sort of "backup" file selection dialog for those the standard one no longer works.  It's a bit of a hack, but it gets around the issue.

I'm using 3.3.1 if an update to the current 3.4.3 would resolve the issue would the tournament files be back wards compatible or would I have to update the other laptop

The TD is backward compatible, but what you're referring to is actually forward compatible, which the TD is not.  Files saved in 3.4.3 likely won't work with version 3.3.1, so it sounds like you would have to upgrade both.

On the positive side, this issue is fixed in version 3.7.  It's still in beta testing, but it's pretty solid at this point.  Check out the beta testing forum.

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 01:48:54 PM »
Thanks Corey, would I have to buy a new license or would my current one work please.

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 02:02:35 PM »
Sorry a couple more questions. If I have files saved in 3.3 and I have a league table containing these files, whilst I may not be able to open them will the data still be recognised when calculating league positions.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 02:22:06 PM »
Thanks Corey, would I have to buy a new license or would my current one work please.

A version 3 license will work with any version beginning with 3 (3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.7, etc).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »
Sorry a couple more questions. If I have files saved in 3.3 and I have a league table containing these files, whilst I may not be able to open them will the data still be recognised when calculating league positions.

Version 3.4.3 and 3.7 can open files saved in earlier versions.  So if you use 3.4.3 or 3.7, you should have no trouble opening any of your existing saves or data files.