Author Topic: Sound Event for Table Consolidation  (Read 2560 times)

LIPokerStarsLeague

• View Profile
Sound Event for Table Consolidation
« on: August 09, 2019, 03:24:22 PM »
I've been trying to create an event for table consolidations, such that when TD suggests a consolidation, the clock automatically pauses, the screen flashes  and a specific sound plays. I have the trigger set to  'A Table Balance is Suggested' and then the 3 actions. But nothing happens when a table balance is suggested. Not sure what I'm missing, but would appreciate some advice on how to get this event to work properly.

Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sound Event for Table Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 04:16:12 PM »
I just tried to create this event, and it worked just fine.

Trigger: A table balance is suggested
Conditions: (none)
Actions:
1 Play sound
2 Pause the clock
3 Flash the screen (#fff)

As soon as I bust a player out, the clock is paused, sound is played, and the screen flashes.

Do you have another event that might supercede it?  Maybe an event triggered off of "A player busts out"?  Only one event can fire at any time, so if you do have one for "A player busts out" and it is listed higher in the event list, it will be the one triggered.  Move the "A table balance is suggested" event higher and it will play when a table balance is suggested (which happens when players bust out), and the "A player busts out" event will trigger on all other eliminations.

LIPokerStarsLeague

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 04:42:39 PM »
Thank you Corey. That’s probably exactly what’s happening, since we do have an event for a player busts out. I’ll test that out and let you know.

Appreciate the quick response.

LIPokerStarsLeague

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 05:41:55 PM »
You were correct, that is why it wasn't working Corey, however it's triggering my balance tables event every time a player needs to be moved. I only want it to trigger that event when tables are being consolidated down and we have to break a whole table. Anyway to specify this? Would a condition like tablesLeft = 4, tablesLeft = 3 etc work? Can you combine multiple conditions into a single event?

Thanks so much!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 06:54:56 PM »
You can absolutely combine multiple conditions.  Conditions are a mathematical expression so they can be as complicated as you're able to make them.  Unfortunately, what you need is the ability to recognize when the number of tables changes.  Or, to be more precise, when the number of tables WOULD change (as a result of accepting the player movement).  I don't think there's any way to do that today.  It's something I could add in the future.