Author Topic: Exporting players  (Read 911 times)

Jocjocjoc

• View Profile
Exporting players
« on: December 21, 2019, 06:32:24 PM »
Usually when I tried to export players program would open exported players list in internet explorer, but since yesterday when I click preview nothing happens, can anyone help?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting players
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 10:33:56 AM »
What version of the TD are you using?

Jocjocjoc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 11:55:50 AM »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 05:34:57 PM »
I thought that the version might matter but now I don't think it does.  When you press the "Preview" button, the TD basically saves the file to the Windows "temp" folder and tells Windows to "open" the file.  Windows takes it from their, and launches the default application that is registered to view that file type.  In this case, it's an HTML file, and will typically launch your default internet browser.  Maybe HTML files are no longer registered to be opened using IE on your system?  Try this: instead of Preview, click Save and save the exported players to a known folder.  Then in IE go to that folder and open the saved file.  What application opens the file?  If nothing does, or you are prompted to choose an application to open it, that's likely the issue.  Choose IE (or whatever browser you want) and make sure to check the box that says something like "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".  Even if IE already opens HTML files, you might try this to see if re-registering the browser fixes the issue.  You can also right-click the HTML file and select "Open with..." and then "Choose default program" to go through these steps.