Author Topic: Bug in Layouts/cell propertys/use banner set with multiple property sets  (Read 4836 times)

mcfrojd

• View Profile
I noticed a bug inside layout/cell properties when you have multiple property sets and want to use diffrent banner set in them.
If you set all the diffrent banner sets in the different property sets and the save, it allt seem to work.
But if you go back an click thru the property sets you will se that the banner set in each of them is set to the same banner set.
And if you have made a small change in any property set the wrong banner set will be saved in some property sets.
There seems to be some persistence problem there.

In the attached links you can see 2 screenshots where i had 2 different banner sets in the different property sets when i saved last time (i tested after the save) the when i open it up again and made a diffrent edit and saved it again, the banner sets got wrong.
Screenshot 1 https://i.imgur.com/fdL9RiV.png
Screenshot 2 https://i.imgur.com/AvR1cEN.png

Problem is manageable if you always remember to adjust the banner set on all property sets each time you have made any edit in that sell property, but the more advanced layouts you make the bigger risk of getting wrong

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thank you for the detailed description.  I will investigate and see what I can find ...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes, bug (obviously).  A simple mistake of calling .options() then .len() instead of the other way around.

The dialog is reading the value of the <select> fine, and persisting it fine, but it's not setting it properly when you change property sets.  Because it doesn't set the selected option correctly, it defaults to the first option in the list.  Thus if you select a property set which is using a banner set and using any banner set except the top banner set in the list, you'll have to make sure to select the correct one before selecting a different property set or pressing OK on the dialog.  But you already knew that.

This is broken in version 3.4 through 3.4.3.  Fixed for whenever the next release is ready.

Thanks again for the detailed report!

mcfrojd

• View Profile
Thanks Corey.
With this bug squashed and maybe if my other suggestions regarding more conditions gets in there, then you could build some really advanced and dynamic layouts that have diffrent appearance and functions depending on name / season and so on..