Author Topic: 3.4 beta 3  (Read 15411 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: 3.4 beta 3
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 06:21:54 PM »
I remove the flash animations and am still hitting high memory usage with a few crashes (crashed less than 15 minutes after launching).

Seitz333

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 09:13:29 PM »
Downloaded and will test with my monthly tourney this coming tuesday.

Chuck

Siger78

• I'm french
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 04:21:45 PM »
Hello Corey,
I'm starting to test your new beta version in W$7.
Many good things like the image of the player, seating list,etc.

Please, can you provide me with the files to translate when you deem it necessary?
This is for your French non-anglophile users.
Friendly,
Siger
Traducteur TD3 en français

ScottBroker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 08:14:43 AM »
I like having photos, I have found a problen where the load incorrectly and there is no way to rotate the photos once set.

Also, How / where do I set defualt data locations, IE Onedrive.......?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 08:22:32 AM by ScottBroker »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »
Hello Corey,
I'm starting to test your new beta version in W$7.
Many good things like the image of the player, seating list,etc.

Please, can you provide me with the files to translate when you deem it necessary?
This is for your French non-anglophile users.

Of course.  Could you email me at support@thetournamentdirector.net and request the language files?  That will keep it visible for me and I'll be sure to get them to you that way.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »
I like having photos, I have found a problen where the load incorrectly and there is no way to rotate the photos once set.

Nope, there's no way to edit the image within the TD.  I'll leave that to the image professionals, at least for now.  Rotating will be easy in a new framework, so that might be an easy addition at a later date.  I would also recommend keeping the image size to a minimum.

Also, How / where do I set defualt data locations, IE Onedrive.......?

I think what you want is to change the Data Store.  Settings window -> Preferences tab -> Data Store button.

Taz71

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2017, 11:32:57 PM »
Hi Corey,

When do you anticipate the 3.4 version will be completed?  I'm hoping that will help fix the load button problem.  Mine wasn't working, then it worked again in for a tournament in June and another tournament 2 weeks ago, but then stopped working again when I tried to load a tournament last week.  I checked to see if my computer received any updates between the 2 tournaments 1 week apart and no updates.  Not sure why it worked in June and earlier this month but then stopped working again last week?

I have a few friends interested in purchasing your software and was hoping this issue would be fixed soon so they wouldn't have to deal with that problem.

I read you were also considering getting away from IE and using Chromium to help eliminate some of the issues due to Windows 10.  Is that something you're still considering?  I understand it must take a lot of time to re-create the program and time is $.  Maybe current users would be willing to pay another fee ($ 30 to $ 40) to help speed up that process?  Just a thought.

Taz71

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 05:44:11 PM »
When do you anticipate the 3.4 version will be completed?

It has been THIS close for a very long time.  The last 1% takes 99% of the time apparently.  It's very frustrating.  To be clear, I've had a lot of my TD development time taken up by other things recently.  There is a very small amount of work left, I just have to find enough time to devote to finishing it.

I'm hoping that will help fix the load button problem.

The short-term fix for this is in the beta version, so you can try it out today (it was added in 3.4 beta 2).  Just download it from the main topic in this thread.

I read you were also considering getting away from IE and using Chromium to help eliminate some of the issues due to Windows 10.  Is that something you're still considering?  I understand it must take a lot of time to re-create the program and time is $.  Maybe current users would be willing to pay another fee ($ 30 to $ 40) to help speed up that process?  Just a thought.

Most definitely.  I know a lot of code refactoring will have to happen, but the hope is that I don't have to rewrite everything.  Got to get 3.4 to the finish line before I can even start on that.

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 09:25:34 AM »
Any chance this http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=5265.msg22197#msg22197 is fixed in version 3.4 or will that have to wait for the rewrite?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 10:01:40 AM »
Still can't repro that one, so it will be the porting/rewrite.