Author Topic: Suggestion for Sessions problems  (Read 4115 times)

Yo_Bee

• View Profile
Suggestion for Sessions problems
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:39:53 AM »
I have used the previous version for about a year now and thought it was a great help for running a tourney of any size.

Now that I got the newer version I tried the suggestion for ROUNDS.  For some reason if I plug in the number of players, Chip and duration the first round is always 5/10 then it jumps.

Anyone else having that problem?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for Sessions problems
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 11:51:13 AM »
You're seeing the effects of some minor changes I made to that feature for 2.0.  The suggestion tool works by calculating your starting blinds from your chips (typically the smallest denomination chip you have configured), and then calculating what the final blinds should be (in order to end the tournament).  From there it creates the rounds by using the total tournament time and the time for each round that you've provided, and it steps the blinds up linearly to get from the starting blinds to the ending blinds in the number of rounds created.  If you choose the relaxed method, it will step the blinds up more slowly in the beginning and more rapidly toward the end of the tournament (non-linearly).  Although I think it works fine for computing those starting and ending blinds, the incrementing of those blinds never did a very good job, in my opinion.

Anyway, the only thing that I changed for this version is that, as the blinds increase, it will periodically drop the lowest chip from the set of chips available, as if you were going to remove those chips from play.  Since the *actual* blinds at each level are computed using your chips, you'll see the effects of those smaller chips dropping out of play.

I never liked this tool much, and as I said in an earlier post, I hope to update it in the future.