Author Topic: Bounty setup  (Read 2353 times)

LauW

• View Profile
Bounty setup
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:21:40 PM »
Hi there!

I'm having some problems setting up TD with Bounty.

The thing is, that we use 1 bounty pr. play and put it on the last games winner.
That way everyone chip in a fixed amount for the bounty, and whoever busts out the bounty holder, gets the bounty pot.

But i can't quite figure out how to set it up in TD.

I have managed to do a workaround with 6 players, we sometimes are 7-8 and, which is where it gets tricky.

Anyway, i have put the setup as following for 6 players:
Buy in for 5 people = 60.- (50.- for the pot, 10 for the bounty)
Bounty for 5 people = 0.-
(I have removed restrictions on bounty)
Buy in for the 6th person = 0.-
Bounty for the 6th person = 60.-

So now everyone has the same "Total Cost".
And when the game is over, whoever bust out the one with bounty, gets a hit and a bounty, plus bounty winnings.

But when i setup 7 players, i run into trouble...
Cause if i put the buyin for everyone still to be 60.-
Bounty to be 70.-, then the winnings is off by 10.
I can regulate that with a manual prize, so that the one having the bounty gets 10.- manual prize. This makes the total take to be correct, but the total cost and total winnings is 10.- higher then it should be. Those 2 aren't so much important to us, since me look at hits and total take.

So... can anyone help me out with this? :-)

Kind regards
LauW

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty setup
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:19 AM »
I'm confused.  Why don't you just use a prize whose Recipient is set to "Bounty on player..."?

LauW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 03:24:31 AM »
Hi again,

Finally got back around to play with this bounty setup.
The reason why we donīt just use the bounty prize, is because we want to save stats for bounty hits.

We play poker once pr. month in a casual way, but we like to gloat at each other when taking bounty and winning :-D

So all the stats i can save, would be great! Without me having to loads of setup each time.

Thatīs why i came up with the workaround, which only works for max 6 people.
(Un)fortunately we havenīt been more then 6 the last year :-)
But hereīs for hoping for more to show up this year.

So any help with proper bounty setup would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
René.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 10:33:55 PM »
I think I'm still confused.

Basically, everyone has a bounty on them of $10, except for the one "bounty player", who has a bounty of $60.  So, by knocking any player out, the hitman gets credit for a bounty (and $10).  If they bust out the "bounty player", they get the same credit but $60 instead of $10.

I think you could still do this by putting the same $10 bounty on each player and then creating a bounty prize to award the additional bounty money on the one "bounty player".

For 6 players, everyone pays $60 ($50 to buy-in, $10 for the bounty).  Then you just allocate $50 for a bounty prize on the "bounty player".  When anyone busts out anyone else, they get their bounty token and collect the $10 bounty, even on the "bounty player".  But when the "bounty player" is busted out, they get an additional $50 prize (for a total of $60, just like before).

For 7 players, the setup is the same except the bounty prize is $60 instead of $50.  For 8 players it's $70 instead of $60. Etc.

LauW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 03:11:14 AM »
I think I'm still confused.

Basically, everyone has a bounty on them of $10, except for the one "bounty player", who has a bounty of $60.  So, by knocking any player out, the hitman gets credit for a bounty (and $10).  If they bust out the "bounty player", they get the same credit but $60 instead of $10.

I think you could still do this by putting the same $10 bounty on each player and then creating a bounty prize to award the additional bounty money on the one "bounty player".

For 6 players, everyone pays $60 ($50 to buy-in, $10 for the bounty).  Then you just allocate $50 for a bounty prize on the "bounty player".  When anyone busts out anyone else, they get their bounty token and collect the $10 bounty, even on the "bounty player".  But when the "bounty player" is busted out, they get an additional $50 prize (for a total of $60, just like before).

For 7 players, the setup is the same except the bounty prize is $60 instead of $50.  For 8 players it's $70 instead of $60. Etc.

Ah sorry no.
Only 1 person has a bounty chip, the reason for the buyin of $10 on bounty for each player, is for them to be able to win the bounty.
But with 6 players, we have a bounty pool of $60, $10 pr. player.
The bounty is then placed on one player, normally the one who won it last.
When someone knocks the player out with the bounty, he or she wins the pool of $60, plus a bounty hit on the scoreboard.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 12:48:28 PM »
OK, I think I get it now (man I hope I do)...

So, the requirements are:
  • you want only 1 bounty
  • you want the bounty to be $10 X the number of players
  • you want the stats to accumulate bounties won, bounty money won, etc

The first two items can be accomplished by using a bounty prize.  But a prize designated as a bounty isn't counted in the various "Bounty ..." stats.  It is simply another prize that is awarded in a specific way.  So you can't use a prize.

The second and third can be accomplished by using bounty chips.  But the first point is tricky, since anyone buying bounty chips (which would be "contributing to the bounty prize", as it were), will have a bounty on them, which cancels the first requirement.  You've found a clever way around this, by designating all the buy-in from one player for the bounty chip, and no one else buying a bounty chip, and not restricting bounties to those who bought bounty chips.  But it only works because your buy-in happens to be exactly the bounty amount due to the number of players.

The problem occurs when you increase the number of players.  This increases the bounty amount, but not the buy-in (which happens to be the same).

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything that can be done that will satisfy all 3 requirements.  You cannot adjust anyone's bounty chip amount like you can adjust a player's winnings, points, etc.  So the only way to increase that bounty chip amount/winnings is through the bounty player's buy-in, which will throw off the bounty player's Total Cost, Total Buy-in Amount, etc (which you've already noted).  And if you use a prize, you won't get the stats.

Sorry, I can't think of anything beyond what you've already done.