Author Topic: Jackpot Prize over multiple tournaments  (Read 864 times)

tonkatommy

• View Profile
Jackpot Prize over multiple tournaments
« on: February 17, 2020, 01:56:53 AM »
Hey, just wondering if there is a way to have a Jackpot prize that accumulates over multiple tournaments of the same season.
I would like to have a jackpot prize that takes the total amount of the buy-ins each tournament and is awarded manually when won.
Currently I have a Jackpot prize of 100% but it only shows the total of the current tournament.

The only way I can see to do that is to have a manual amount prize and update it each time.

Cheers

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Jackpot Prize over multiple tournaments
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 02:31:29 PM »
There's no dead-simple way to do this, but it is possible.  For "jackpot" prizes (or whatever one may call them) that accumulate over time, generally I recommend using a rake to accomplish it.  Create a new rake (on the Preferences tab) named "Jackpot" or whatever, and rake the appropriate amount from each player for each tournament.  On the Stats tab, the rakes will be tallied automatically.  After the first tournament, the Jackpot rake should be the same as is displayed on the Summary tab when that tournament is loaded.  After the second tournament, you should see that the Jackpot rake has increased by the amount raked in the second tournament.  And so on.  If you want to display that in your tournament, I'm afraid you'll have to run stats to see its current value and simply manually insert it into your layout.