Author Topic: 3.7 BETA 4  (Read 17865 times)

bsdunbar1

• View Profile
Re: 3.7 BETA 4
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2020, 10:04:03 PM »
I do not recall having these gaps in version 3.4, I only noticed them with the Beta
What do I edit to get rid of this?

mtnvalleylover

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2020, 12:32:21 AM »
1 more item I noticed is when I have set a max rebuy of 1 and they bust out and rebuy. When they bust out a second time it will allow for another rebuy at that time. Does not allow a rebuy if you click the rebuy button however does at the time they bust out.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2020, 09:15:56 AM »
When I used the "hand Timer" when it was done counting down it closed the program completely, had to restart TD.

Are you saying when you closed the Hand Timer window the application exited?  Did you see an error?

Also when adding a new layer was not able to find the new player unless I go to the database, or wait till the next week then they show up.

I don't understand.  The "Find" feature doesn't work on the "Add Players" window?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2020, 09:22:20 AM »
I do not recall having these gaps in version 3.4, I only noticed them with the Beta
What do I edit to get rid of this?

It's hard to say just from the screenshot.  As previously noted, version 3.7 is running under a completely different browser/rendering engine, so there will likely be some differences in how the layout is rendered.  That said, you might try removing the "Blank" cell to see if it helps, or any of those that aren't currently displayed (Stakes, Ante, Next Stakes, Next Ante), unless you actually use those at other times in your tournament.  I'm guessing that even though those cells aren't displayed, there might be some space allocated for them, thus the empty space.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2020, 09:23:53 AM »
1 more item I noticed is when I have set a max rebuy of 1 and they bust out and rebuy. When they bust out a second time it will allow for another rebuy at that time. Does not allow a rebuy if you click the rebuy button however does at the time they bust out.

There was definitely a change here.  I'll be revisiting this before beta 5 is complete.

mtnvalleylover

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2020, 07:01:26 PM »
Hand timer, it just exited TD no error that I remember.

It seems to be working now.

So when adding a new layer this is how I have been doing it;

go to players tab.
click add new player.Then click new player.
    I add the information in My case just fname and lname
Then go to the control tab
click buy in
Never can find them

redhat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2020, 11:54:30 AM »
i used this beta last day. it seems the time to next break doesnt seem to be right on the touranament display. looks likes it counts the break time as well. are you able to check this if this is a bug?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2020, 01:21:28 PM »
i used this beta last day. it seems the time to next break doesnt seem to be right on the touranament display. looks likes it counts the break time as well. are you able to check this if this is a bug?

I have a tournament with 10 minute rounds.  The first break happens after the 6th round.  The "Start Time" column on the Rounds tab says the break starts at 1:00 (1 hour into the tournament).  In the Game window, the "Next Break" shows the same: "1:00:00".  Seems right to me.  Can you show me an example of where it appears to be wrong?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2020, 01:25:17 PM »
Hand timer, it just exited TD no error that I remember.

It seems to be working now.

So when adding a new layer this is how I have been doing it;

go to players tab.
click add new player.Then click new player.
    I add the information in My case just fname and lname
Then go to the control tab
click buy in
Never can find them

Are you sure you're not buying them into the tournament at the same time?  There's a preference "Buy-in players now is checked by default (on Add Players dialog)".  That isn't on by default, but if it's enabled then the "Buy in players now" box will be checked, and you'll be buying players into the tournament at the same time you are adding them to the tournament.  Players who are already bought-in won't show up on the "Buy-in Players" dialog.

redhat

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2020, 10:16:53 AM »

I have a tournament with 10 minute rounds.  The first break happens after the 6th round.  The "Start Time" column on the Rounds tab says the break starts at 1:00 (1 hour into the tournament).  In the Game window, the "Next Break" shows the same: "1:00:00".  Seems right to me.  Can you show me an example of where it appears to be wrong?

let me see if i can recreate it had tournament 20 min levels break at level 6 for 8 min then break at 12 for 40 min in between there it showed wrong before the last 40 min break.

jkolb

• View Profile
3.7 BETA 4 Wave Media
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2020, 03:01:09 PM »
I noticed that .WMA Windows Media Audio sounds doesn't play through the BETA 4 Version.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:06:16 PM by jkolb »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 3.7 BETA 4 Wave Media
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2020, 12:37:13 PM »
I noticed that .WMA Windows Media Audio sounds doesn't play through the BETA 4 Version.

This is probably true.  Previously, the TD used Windows Media Player embedded in the browser to play audio files.  WMP plays a lot of different audio file types.  Starting in 3.7 the TD uses Chrome, and modern browsers support audio without the need to embed anything.  But the list of file formats supported is definitely shorter, and it doesn't include proprietary formats like Microsoft's WMA.  I don't have a definitive list at this time, but I think the list is likely WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG, FLAC, AAC.