Author Topic: Latency  (Read 12956 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Latency
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 09:40:38 AM »
And how do you know they are "via Internet Explorer"?

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 03:34:08 AM »
My system was clean as a whistle and these changes made it vulnerable.

They appeared within a couple of hours after the changes and having worked with computers for 30 years I always employ the principle that the last change induces the latest problem it stands to reason that IE is the cause.

Irrespective of this the changes made no difference to the TD environment, so the problem is not resolved and is increasingly frustrating.

I have replicated my PC on a laptop and have the same issues but on another laptop with Windows 7 there is no such latency.

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 03:36:41 AM »
If I hold the mouse button down each command eventually appears to work, but obviously this takes some time and similarly with the keystrokes, it's impossible to type anything at normal speed. Bit of an odd one I guess.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 04:01:05 PM »
my own two cents...

still in the evaluation period on two laptops.

laptop 1 - windows 10, latency as per the above.  laptop 2 - windows 8, no latency. upgraded to windows 10 today, immediate latency as described above... Hope this can get fixed!

Whiterhino

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 11:31:35 AM »
Not happy that you are experiencing the same issues, but relieved it's not just me

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 11:04:57 AM »
You're definitely not the only one.  I've also received a [very] few emails regarding this.  So while clearly not everyone using Windows 10 is having this issue, the number of those experiencing it is not insignificant.  I'm still unable to reproduce, but I've been trying different configurations and updates in my Windows 10 images to try to make it happen.  I thought I had reproduced it at one time, as I experienced a very real, almost extreme, latency, but after 30 to 45 seconds it went away entirely and I've not been able to make it happen again.

I queried someone who had sent an email regarding this issue, and their experience was that latency started to occur as the tournament grew larger in players.  As players busted out, the latency began to subside.  Has this been anyone else's experience?

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 04:27:55 PM »
For me, the latency arose soon as I'd installed the software. Needed two/three keystrokes to register any key presses - thus is before any tournament had started and before  I'd savec/loaded templates etc.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2016, 09:33:18 PM »
Yes I am having the same issue and I am running win 10. Yes it started after a major update was requested by MS. Edition is Windows 10 Home. Version 1511 OS Build 105863318. The updates that were installed just BEFORE it started it's problem were: KB3157993 - KB3156421 - KB890830 - KB3154132 - KB3147458 - KB3140741. MS is now saying I need update KB3152599. So I'm going to install that and see what happens. If it doesn't clear up, I'm going to reinstall the TD software and see what that does.
As for the problem it is that I have to hit/click several times and wait no mater what I'm doing. Adding players, busting out players, loading templates etc. It even hung up one time while busting out a player that I had to restart the computer. Will keep you advised as to any changes in problem.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »
Corey, one other thing happened after the updates. I had to validate my license again.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2016, 11:27:14 PM »
Added that MS update. No change in problem. Deleted then reinstalled TD software with no change in problem.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2016, 10:16:50 AM »
Finally got problem resolved. I had to reset my PC then load TD again. I'm now back to normal.

stickyshed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2016, 03:07:50 PM »
When you say "reset your PC then load TD again" what did you do?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 12:50:14 PM »
I'm leaning towards this being a Windows update of some kind.  I spent the weekend updating Windows 10 and continually running the TD, but still not happening for me.  I also continued to research the issue itself to see if it is happening to Internet Explorer users in general or just the TD.  I suspect that most people who've upgraded to Windows 10 are now using Edge instead of IE, so it's possible there's an issue but so many fewer people are experiencing it that it's just not well known.

I did come across one person who had a "slowdown" of IE, and they were able to fix the issue by resetting IE settings.  I have no idea if this is related, and no way to test, so therefore have no idea if it will help anyone.  But if you're struggling with this issue, you may want to give it a go.

If you want to try resetting IE:
  • Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  • Reopen Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset...
  • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2016, 12:50:44 PM »
Yes I am having the same issue and I am running win 10. Yes it started after a major update was requested by MS. Edition is Windows 10 Home. Version 1511 OS Build 105863318. The updates that were installed just BEFORE it started it's problem were: KB3157993 - KB3156421 - KB890830 - KB3154132 - KB3147458 - KB3140741. MS is now saying I need update KB3152599. So I'm going to install that and see what happens. If it doesn't clear up, I'm going to reinstall the TD software and see what that does.
As for the problem it is that I have to hit/click several times and wait no mater what I'm doing. Adding players, busting out players, loading templates etc. It even hung up one time while busting out a player that I had to restart the computer. Will keep you advised as to any changes in problem.

Thanks for the detailed information.  This will definitely help.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 05:24:57 AM »
I experience this, although in my case it appears to be a question of focus. Mouse cursor directly over "Yes", "No", etc. equals one click. Anywhere else on the button requires multiple clicks.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!