Author Topic: Barcode to PC  (Read 879 times)

pockey

• View Profile
Barcode to PC
« on: April 07, 2018, 04:32:06 AM »
Hello,

I read lot of messages which explains how to connect a barcode scanner to TD, it's clear for me. However, I'd like to do the same thing a mobile phone.
I found the freeware BarcodetoPC (https://barcodetopc.com/#page-top).

It works perfectly with excel, word, IE and others softwares. But it doesn't work with TD. Nothing is written. I don't know why. Is someone has already tried ? Is there a trick ? Is it possible ?

Thanks for you help.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Barcode to PC
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:53:09 PM »
Interesting concept.  I'll try to test it out.  Typically, if it works with Internet Explorer it should work with the TD.  If it creates keystrokes, as traditional barcode scanners do, it should work with the TD.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 02:00:25 PM »
This is a pretty cool concept.  Portable, wireless scanner by way of your cell phone.

When I first started the scanner, it seemed to work fine.  The barcodes were scanned and they showed up in the app.  But when I opened Notepad and scanned some barcodes with Notepad in focus, they barcodes did not get typed into Notepad.  I eventually switched to "Continuous mode", and the barcodes were typed in Notepad upon scanning.  Then I switched to the TD and it also worked just fine.  I began to think maybe it was "Single scan" mode that didn't work, so I opened it back up, went into Single scan mode, and scanned a barcode.  It was typed into the TD as expected.  I have no explanation for why it didn't work at first, but after the first successful scan and entry into Notepad, everything just worked.

I'm not sure why it isn't working for you.  The app and server definitely work as advertised.

pockey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 02:38:53 PM »
Thank you Corey.

Finally, it works if I open Barecodetopc as administrator.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 03:38:26 PM by pockey »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 03:55:15 PM »
Good observation.  I tried it on a PC that has the UAC level all the way down, which means basically everything runs as administrator.  I sometimes forget about that caveat.